PDA

View Full Version : Train hits van kills 2

NSFan14
09-14-2006, 06:07 PM
A van veered off Interstate 94 and was struck by a train near here, killing two children and critically injuring another, the Montana Highway Patrol said.

The victims were Bianne Nelson, 5, and Finnerty Nelson, 1, of Spokane, Wash.

Conor Nelson, 3, was transported to a children's hospital in Minnesota, where he was listed in critical condition Tuesday night. The children's mother, Nina Nelson, 33, was taken to a North Dakota hospital and was listed in fair condition.

All four were reported missing Monday night by Nelson's husband, Thomas R. Nelson, Spokane Police spokesman Cpl. Tom Lee told The Spokesman-Review in Spokane.

Thomas Nelson told police that he last saw his wife and three children Monday morning when he left for work. Nina Nelson was preparing to take the children to run errands in Spokane, including a medical appointment for one of them, Thomas Nelson told police. They missed the appointment, he said.

During routine questioning, Thomas Nelson also told officers that he and his wife had not been having marital problems, Lee told The Spokesman-Review.

Emergency crews responded to the crash near the Montana-North Dakota border at about 2:15 a.m. Tuesday.

Preliminary reports said the van was eastbound on I-94 when it went off the road and drove through a right-of-way fence. It ended up on a BNSF Railway track, where it was hit by a train hauling coal.

Bianne and Finnerty Nelson died at the scene, Wibaux County Coroner Frank Datta said. Autopsies were scheduled for Wednesday afternoon in Billings.

Conor Nelson was taken to Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, Minn. Nina Nelson was transported to St. Joseph's Hospital and Health Center in Dickinson, N.D.

An investigation is under way; however, speed and alcohol were not believed to be factors, the patrol said. Nelson and the children were wearing seat belts, the patrol said.

Cyclonetrain
09-15-2006, 01:07 AM
I dont think you understood my last reply to one of your posts. I dont care. I dont need to know about people dying. I am sure most people dont like to know about death either. Obviously you have some sort of weird, sick, and strange obsession with knowing about people dying and think you need to spread the word to everybody who clicks on this fourm. Please, find something other to do than search Google News for the words "Train Accident" and tell us everytime something pops up. If someone made a post about every derailment that ever happened, this fourm would be filled within hours. Luckily, we only have one contributor to this, and I just dont understand how you can be older than me and have the maturity and grammatical abilities of someone who is 9. Come on, really, take a hint once in a while. And I really hope noone replys to this message saying "Its a fourm about trains and this post had the word "Train" incidently in it so he can post whatever he wants".

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 01:20 AM
I dont think you understood my last reply to one of your posts. I dont care. I dont need to know about people dying. I am sure most people dont like to know about death either. Obviously you have some sort of weird, sick, and strange obsession with knowing about people dying and think you need to spread the word to everybody who clicks on this fourm. Please, find something other to do than search Google News for the words "Train Accident" and tell us everytime something pops up. If someone made a post about every derailment that ever happened, this fourm would be filled within hours. Luckily, we only have one contributor to this, and I just dont understand how you can be older than me and have the maturity and grammatical abilities of someone who is 9. Come on, really, take a hint once in a while. And I really hope noone replys to this message saying "Its a fourm about trains and this post had the word "Train" incidently in it so he can post whatever he wants".
GLENN I really dont care what you think i could care less what you think ok so DONT READ MY POST like i said the last time you was negative towards my post ok I REALLY DONT CARE what you think ok i have more smarts then you at least when someone older then me said shut i would ok you just dont shut up you need to so please DONT READ MY POST cause i could careless what you think about me and my post ok so go back to that sand castle you was working on ok and get lost

Cyclonetrain
09-15-2006, 01:34 AM
GLENN I really dont care what you think i could care less what you think ok so DONT READ MY POST like i said the last time you was negative towards my post ok I REALLY DONT CARE what you think ok i have more smarts then you at least when someone older then me said shut i would ok you just dont shut up you need to so please DONT READ MY POST cause i could careless what you think about me and my post ok so go back to that sand castle you was working on ok and get lost

Need I say more? If that doesn't proove my point, than nothing will.

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Need I say more? If that doesn't proove my point, than nothing will.
Glenn why do you act like this man you acting like a punk ohhh wait you are one

Ru1056
09-15-2006, 01:52 AM
Glenn why do you act like this man you acting like a punk ohhh wait you are one

Did I just time warp to middle school?

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 01:54 AM
Did I just time warp to middle school?
Excuse the way i act but im sick and tired of glenn always being negative about everything i post

Cyclonetrain
09-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Can the mods lock this? This is just silly

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 01:58 AM
Can the mods lock this? This is just silly
Your the one that turned this post from good to negative so you know i thank you should be banned on any of your post i do not say noting but when i post something you always say negative stuff

Cyclonetrain
09-15-2006, 02:07 AM
*EDIT* nothing

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 02:13 AM
(I shouldnt respond, but hell, I finished my Biology Lab early today)
Look, was this post positive to start out? With mentions of death? I also dont see the need to counter-attack everything I say. Go ahead, start a vendetta against me, see if I care. Really, go on. Be a "Big Man". I'll just start my "Foamerkrieg" or something. Dude, whatever. I'm done with this NSFan14 deal.
Dude go on and cuss ok that dont bother me but what does bother me is you always being negative and i thank other people need to be informed of whats going on in the world and good im glad your done with me ok cause i really could care less if you talk to me or not

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 02:15 AM
Ohh and all cussing does is so the your immature little brat that gets away with anything ohh glenn one question would your parents let you cuss do you really thank the good man looking down at you would appreciate that NO I DONT Thank so but you go on and answer that question i just wanna know

Studogg120
09-15-2006, 05:35 AM
Why cant we all just be friends? :D

Christopher Muller
09-15-2006, 05:51 AM

:-) :smile: :)

LAHDPOP
09-15-2006, 12:19 PM
HEY!!... Don't make me pull this car over....

Ween
09-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Your the one that turned this post from good to negative

I'm intrigued how a thread about someone dying can be considered 'good.'

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm intrigued how a thread about someone dying can be considered 'good.'
I never one time said it was good but i said everytime i say something glenn always smarts of with his attitude and i have a right to post about train on A """TRAIN""" FORUM so if you dont like my post like i said before """DONT READ THEM"""

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 05:16 PM
HA with glenn around there is no such thing of friends everytime i post something he starts of with his attitude and i never did nothing to him just one day i posted about something and he smarted off and from there every post that i write he just keeps it up

busyEMT
09-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Why is it so imperative that you defend every single post? You have a forum/BB of your own, why not focus most of your attention there?

Fine, post news articles about fatal train-vehicle/pedestrian collisions, stopping you from doing that is the Administrator's prerogative. I don't even read the articles any more (besides the recent MT story - because I grew up there and my co-worker saw the helicopter land which carried a survivor).

In the words of my mother, "Then you be the one to finish it," when I said 'he started it.'

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Why is it so imperative that you defend every single post? You have a forum/BB of your own, why not focus most of your attention there?

Fine, post news articles about fatal train-vehicle/pedestrian collisions, stopping you from doing that is the Administrator's prerogative. I don't even read the articles any more (besides the recent MT story - because I grew up there and my co-worker saw the helicopter land which carried a survivor).

In the words of my mother, "Then you be the one to finish it," when I said 'he started it.'
like i said before """DONT READ MY POST"""

Ween
09-15-2006, 08:26 PM
NSFan14: Don't read this post. I don't want you to read it. You shoud ignore it because it's very, very easy to do. Well, if you've gotten this far, I guess you've read it. You shouldn't have as you were given ample warning not to. So if you reply to it, I guess I can assume you read it. Oh well, life goes on...

Cyclonetrain
09-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Please do not read this text.

LAHDPOP
09-15-2006, 10:01 PM
WEEN: :D

NSFan14-Dude: How 'bout a compromise? Post all the train-hits-car, car-hits-train, and train-runs-over-a-guy news you want, but just post a link to the story, not the body of the story itself. That way if someone wants to read it, they have to click on the link. It's probably better for copyright reasons, too. Whaddaya say???

NSFan14
09-15-2006, 10:06 PM
WEEN: :D

NSFan14-Dude: How 'bout a compromise? Post all the train-hits-car, car-hits-train, and train-runs-over-a-guy news you want, but just post a link to the story, not the body of the story itself. That way if someone wants to read it, they have to click on the link. It's probably better for copyright reasons, too. Whaddaya say???
That's a good idea ill do that next time

NicTrain35
09-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Fellow railfans,

This is a railroading hobby. It's all supposed to be about fun.

dodi4200
09-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Fellow railfans,

Yea Nick you are right.You know i consider all of us here as one big family and its members arenot in the same place but they are in the same hobby and when i see atrain i remember rp.net with most of the members here and its really one of the most nice times i spend it here in the forums with you all and sharing my small experience with you all which im sure that i wouldnot get it without being amember here in rp.net.

Ru1056
09-16-2006, 08:05 AM
like i said before """DONT READ MY POST"""

You know why people are tired of reading these train VS car threads?

Cause they serve no point.

Your quote above is directed to busyEMT. Did it ever occur to you that he has been on scene on this type of incident? Most of the people wondering why these are posted are adults. Some of which have seen first hand the destruction a train can do.

Exactly. A hobby, a pleasurable recreation activity usually done to divert ones attention from the stresses of life. Do you ever stop and think that the people who visit these forums, who usually have more to think about than trains want to spend their time, on their hobby, reading stories about death or accidents? I don't.

A """TRAIN""" FORUM so if you dont like my post like i said before """DONT READ THEM"""

Your right, it is a train forum. So lets discuss these accidents once and for all.

1. If you see the blinking red lights, see a big light, and hear a loud horn, do not walk or drive in front of it.
2. If you violate rule #1, you will probably die.

There, that is about all you can get out of any conversation on the topics you have been posting. Now, there are exceptions that are worthy for discussion, but those are few and far between.

Do not get all upset and throw a hissy fit when people tell you they do not want to read this stuff. When you have been on scene for one of these accidents, and see a head detached from the body about 100 feet from impact, and the local FD removing the rest of the body not with a stretcher, but with a shovel, you will maybe gain an understanding as to why people are not fond of these discussions.

Cyclonetrain
09-17-2006, 12:45 AM
When you have been on scene for one of these accidents, and see a head detached from the body about 100 feet from impact, and the local FD removing the rest of the body not with a stretcher, but with a shovel, you will maybe gain an understanding as to why people are not fond of these discussions.

As I have...

NSFan14
09-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Edit All....