PDA

View Full Version : My End of Summer Vacation to Northern Arizona

socalrailfan
09-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Well I finally got all my images and a complete trip report done for my recent trip that took me through the Needles Sub and the whole Seligman Sub. There were also side trips to Sedona, the Grand Canyon and even some action on the Phoenix Sub.

The trip was 6 days long, 1776 miles traveled and over 1200 photos taken. Here I have narrowed it down to the better photos and made a timeline and story to go along with each days events. The trip was amazing and the amount of rail I was able to follow was just awesome. So if you're interested here's the link to my story, it is quite long so be prepared!

My End of Summer Vacation to Northern Arizona. (http://socalrailfan.com/trips/aztrip/)

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
09-26-2006, 01:41 AM
Amazing report, there is however one downside, I am EXTREMELY jealous. Not only did you get some great train shots but the scenery and weather shots are absolutely beautiful as well. Congrats on a successful trip albeit tiring, but it sounds well worth it. Lookin forward to the next one, Dave!!! I still am very jealous though.

socalrailfan
09-26-2006, 02:25 AM
Thanks Andrew. It was a special trip for me and I want others to try and get something out of it that I did.

http://www.socalrailfan.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8710&d=1157521541

Studogg120
09-26-2006, 04:40 AM
I really liked the sunset pictures from day 1. Thanks for sharing too!!!

Warren
09-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Wow, what an awsome report! Thanks!!!!

NicTrain35
09-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi Dave,

Outstanding photos and report! The hard effort that you put into taking these pictures, and creating your report is much appreciated. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos from you in the future.

NSFan14
09-26-2006, 08:03 PM
WOW!!!!great photos and report dave keep up the great work

Switched out
09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Outstanding work Dave, loved the photos.

Christine

Pat Lorenz
09-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Enjoyed the story line, i didnt realize that the cozier canyon would be that hard to get into. I want to get up there soon, but i dont really know if i want to go from Kingman to flag or flag to NM, but that was nice to see everything, i made great use of your road condition reports.
Thanks

NSFan14
09-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Enjoyed the story line, i didnt realize that the cozier canyon would be that hard to get into. I want to get up there soon, but i dont really know if i want to go from Kingman to flag or flag to NM, but that was nice to see everything, i made great use of your road condition reports.
Thanks
I heard the NM has there commuter service up and running does anyone know anymore info on this

SD70MACMAN
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Nice report and shots! That dry desert look is so in these days. The single NS loco is my fav pic for some reason. And I love that pic of you on the main page; a man with a plan.

I think I may have covered more miles in my RR trip to Montana, but you beat me on pics.

socalrailfan
10-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

John West
10-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Very nicely done. Enjoyed it. And I'm jealous as well.

John West