PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Question

ChrisPaul3
09-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Hello, does anybody here have or know where I could find some useful info about the early "E" series cab units? I'm talking about the EA's, E1's, E2's, E3's and E4's. I've been looking for some specs but haven't gotten too lucky. I'm looking for some good photo's of them too. If anybody can help, it is much appreciated! :smile:

Ru1056
09-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Have you tried Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page) ?

ChrisPaul3
09-28-2006, 03:07 AM
Yeah, Wikipedia is good, thank you. But if anyone knows where I could find more, that would be wonderful.

The reason why I'm wanting to know all this, is because I'm researching all the classic streamliner passenger trains of the 1930's to the mid 50's.

fuente1
09-28-2006, 04:00 AM
Yeah, Wikipedia is good, thank you. But if anyone knows where I could find more, that would be wonderful.

The reason why I'm wanting to know all this, is because I'm researching all the classic streamliner passenger trains of the 1930's to the mid 50's.

The only remaining E3 left is about 15 miles north of my house. Ill see if I can grab some photos of it for you. Its off ACL.

ChrisPaul3
09-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Wow, lucky you! Is it just sitting there, or is it on display or something?

I wish I could have seen them in their heyday.

fuente1
09-28-2006, 04:07 AM
Wow, lucky you! Is it just sitting there, or is it on display or something?

I wish I could have seen them in their heyday.

Chris,
Its actually operational. NCDOT owns it I believe. It dosent come out of the roundhouse often but it does run. Its displayed inside the NCTM roundhouse. Beautiful locomotive and a BEAST!

Studogg120
09-28-2006, 04:14 AM
I like all E units. They look really powerful.

ChrisPaul3
09-28-2006, 04:30 AM
Chris,
Its actually operational. NCDOT owns it I believe. It dosent come out of the roundhouse often but it does run. Its displayed inside the NCTM roundhouse. Beautiful locomotive and a BEAST!

Ahh man, I'd do anything to see that badboy rolling. I really like those old slant nosed units. They are so cool. If only I had a time machine...

fuente1
09-28-2006, 04:32 AM
Ahh man, I'd do anything to see that badboy rolling. I really like those old slant nosed units. They are so cool. If only I had a time machine...

Ive seen it move around the yard once, those early E's are IMO the most beautiful of the old engines. And did I mention that it is a BEAST. You could show movies on the side of that thing.

ChrisPaul3
09-28-2006, 05:25 AM
:lol: I bet. She must sound great. Have you heard the horn? And I agree that they are beautiful machines. Symbolic of a lost era for sure. It makes me wish they still had those stainless steel streamliners led by those awsome ABBA power sets. Too bad that's never going to happen again.

TonytheTiger
09-28-2006, 03:25 PM
The B&O Railway Museum in Baltimore has an EA on display:

[photoid=142621]
[photoid=130958]
I don't know if it is operating, but you can probably contact them for additional information about the unit.

http://www.borail.org/

ChrisPaul3
09-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Wow! Thanks for posting that! Really. That loco looks great. I love that design on the front headlight.