PDA

View Full Version : Metra police officer shot and killed

DAKIBSRR
09-28-2006, 04:30 PM
WMAQ-TV 8:10 a.m. CDT September 28, 2006
HARVEY, Ill. - A Metra police officer was shot and killed Wednesday night near the commuter rail system's 147th Street station in Harvey. The officer
was pronounced dead on the scene at 333 E. 147th Pl. in Harvey at 11:50 p.m., according to a spokesman with the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.

Metra officials said the slaying occurred across the street from Metra's Electric Line station at 147th and Clinton streets.

Metra spokesman Patrick Waldron late Wednesday confirmed that an on-duty officer was killed.

The officer was a former Riverdale police officer and was shot while sitting in his patrol car, according to Harvey and Riverdale police sources.

A Harvey police spokeswoman could not provide details.

NSFan14
09-29-2006, 03:55 AM
Thats so sad my prayers are with his family

J
09-29-2006, 11:22 PM
The Officer leaves a family with 2 children.

Cyclonetrain
09-30-2006, 03:44 AM
Terrible, Terrible story! Very sad to hear he had children, wow, thats terrible! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

NSFan14
09-30-2006, 04:15 AM
Deleted Post

Cyclonetrain
09-30-2006, 04:16 AM
*deleted..*

Cyclonetrain
09-30-2006, 04:20 AM
*deleted..*

Cyclonetrain
09-30-2006, 04:22 AM
*deleted..*

Cyclonetrain
09-30-2006, 04:23 AM
*deleted..*

Christopher Muller
09-30-2006, 05:48 AM
The last two people that replied to this thread should be ashamed of themselves (and banned). This officer was just like every other Law Enforcement officer that goes to work daily, knowing that if things happen against their favor, it could be their last. Just doing their job? No, this was more than a job! This tragedy and horrible event was news, and I was glad to see it posted here. What you two have turned this thread into is so disrespectful and aweful, I am at a loss of words.

May God himself bless this officer and his family.

Ru1056
09-30-2006, 05:51 AM
The last two people that replied to this thread should be ashamed of themselves (and banned). This officer was just like every other Law Enforcement officer that goes to work daily, knowing that if things happen against their favor, it could be their last. Just doing their job? No, this was more than a job! This tragedy and horrible event was news, and I was glad to see it posted here. What you two have turned this thread into is so disrespectful and aweful, I am at a loss of words.

Well put.

And that makes about the 7th officer killed in about 5 days.

SD70MACMAN
09-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Alex, Glenn, this neither the time nor the place.

My prayers are with the fallen officers' family and loved ones.

cactus65
09-30-2006, 09:27 PM

Chris,
I agree and apperently someone else agreed also
It is a shame when a tragic story like this turns into a pissing match between 2 posters
May God bless this officers family and God rest his soul
Thank You for your sacrifice

NS 2557
10-01-2006, 01:23 AM
My thought's prayers are with the fallen officers' family and loved ones.

cactus65
10-06-2006, 08:51 PM
News reports out of Chicago are saying that a suspect is now in custody in this shooting. No charges filed as of yet.