PDA

View Full Version : Let the snow shots begin!

Christopher Muller
10-12-2006, 08:33 PM
BRRRrrrr!

What a change from the warm bright temperatures we had from this weekend...
[photoid=161400]
...to this today...
[photoid=161633]
...if you click on the first photo and read my remarks, looks like I was right in my forecast (thanks MyCast). We had an inch, maybe a spotty two inches across northern Minnesota today. Probably stick around until atleast tomorrow as the high today is hardly making it to freezing.

Do I get the honors of the first snow shot on RP.net for the 2006-2007 winter season?

busyEMT
10-12-2006, 08:51 PM
The snow makes getting a photo of the same locomotive palatable, doesn't it? Nice shot. Did it stick? We have had some flurries but no real accumulation down here.

Christopher Muller
10-12-2006, 09:01 PM
The snow makes getting a photo of the same locomotive palatable, doesn't it? Nice shot. Did it stick? We have had some flurries but no real accumulation down here.

I hope so. Second unit is BNSF 1593, lead it BNSF 1539, just switch the last two numbers around. Yea, its still snowing off an on. We have about an inch here, east of Cass Lake there is a little more. Going to be melt this weekend though. The sun is still too powerful this time of year to last that long.

CG_F45
10-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Nice shots! We had some light snow here in the Chicago area for a few hours 9:00 AM to about 11:00 AM but it all dried up...

busyEMT
10-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Second unit is BNSF 1593, lead it BNSF 1539, .
Those were on the Monticello Local for about a month mid-summer. It is always fun to find that number combo or consecutive units.

Studogg120
10-13-2006, 04:22 AM
I wish it snows where I live. I miss the snow.

SD70MACMAN
10-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Its going to start snowing here at the end of the month (typically). And its going to stick around for a long while...

Time to hit Stevens Pass for some snow shots when I go back home in Nov and Dec. I got some great locations scouted out during the non-snow season, including many 2-mile hikes in 2' of snow. So look forward to those soon! 8-)

Callufrax
10-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Its going to start snowing here at the end of the month (typically). And its going to stick around for a long while...

Time to hit Stevens Pass for some snow shots when I go back home in Nov and Dec. I got some great locations scouted out during the non-snow season, including many 2-mile hikes in 2' of snow. So look forward to those soon! 8-)
Then it sounds like I've chosen the best time of year to visit, next year. :)

devights
10-24-2006, 05:30 PM

Make sure to include me on said trip! I'm done w/ finals Dec 14!

Frederick
10-24-2006, 11:05 PM
After the snowfalls ended, it shot back up to the mid to upper fifties! Down in southern Minnesota, anyway.

Christopher Muller
10-25-2006, 04:39 AM
After the snowfalls ended, it shot back up to the mid to upper fifties! Down in southern Minnesota, anyway.

Yes, it has been very nice up here this afternoon as well. Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer. Too bad I can't be out taking pictures tomorrow as I am testing for and interviewing for Cass County Sheriff's Department tomorrow. Trying to get a transfer out of my current spot at Leech Lake Police.

We actually got over three inches of snow last Friday. Was melted all by Monday though.