PDA

View Full Version : Yippeeee...Snow!!

E.M. Bell
11-29-2003, 11:56 AM
OK...so it dont take much to get me excited, but this little piddling 1/2 inch (maybe) of white stuff does. Its 0650 here in Central KY, and we have the slightest bit of the white stuff on the ground... done called up the crew, the coffee is brewing and the camera bag is loaded.....look out NS, here we come...

I have been rather jealous of all of these "early" snow pics that Busy EMT and others have been posting...we have had a scant little snow here during the past couple of winters....which sucks...I really like shooting in the bad weather, so yall round up some more and send it this way...

Film at eleven.....

:D

Guilford350
11-29-2003, 02:08 PM
Up here in the northeast (in Connecticut, anyways) we are still waiting for snow! Its almost December and still no snow! This time around last year we already had atleast one snow storm amounting to about 8" of the white stuff and this year nothing. :cry:

Well, anyways, good luck with your shoot. Take some nice pics for us! :D

iCe
11-29-2003, 06:33 PM
A LOT OF SNOW HERE!

snowing all day!!! :shock:

and tomorrow, and the day after that, and so on!

K.J.
11-29-2003, 07:34 PM
All I got here is a downpour of Rain...Thats England for you.. :)

E.M. Bell
11-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Well...the snow was gone 30 mins after the sun came out...oh well...still got a few trains, including a late 175 with a pair of WC SD45's.... I will take that over snow any day of the week :)

busyEMT
12-01-2003, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the mention and the compliment. I did my best to ship some your way. :lol: :wink:

I guess those who have, don't appreciate it! I thought it was too negative at the time (of an earlier forum thread re: snow) so I didn't post my sentiment. I find snow pics only to be enjoyable if there is fresh, white snow; driving snow is good, and bright, puffy clouds with monster flakes - even better! What I deplore is dirty, thinning snow trackside, leafless trees and gloomy skies. Unfortunately, that is what I get to shoot days after a snow.

Well, we get what we can take. Hope to see your wintery shots soon.

bitburger
12-01-2003, 07:23 PM
No snow here... but thats normal here thats south western Germany...
But sometimes we do have snow here but that is likely to happen in the end of January or February.
When were lucky even before that (Christmas).

We had white Christmas last year :D

iCe
12-01-2003, 09:27 PM
I agree busyEMT...I hate dirty, slushy, runny snow, brown grass and bare trees, and overcast skies...all adding to a glooming day. Sunny, cloudless days with white puffy snow! Now that's a great photo opportunity. :)

Guilford350
12-01-2003, 09:38 PM
Finally we got some snow here... but hardly enough to even create a light dusting on the ground! Oh well. In the next coming weeks I would suspect a good snow shower... uhh hopefully. :roll: :wink: