PDA

View Full Version : New express produce train

golden_spike
11-02-2006, 04:36 AM
I saw this and thought it was interesting. Does anybody know when it runs? I assume it would be on the water level route through western NY.

Produce train arrives ahead of schedule
Express from Washington state to Rotterdam carries as much as 200 trucks

By ERIC ANDERSON, Deputy business editor
Tuesday, October 24, 2006

ROTTERDAM -- The inaugural run of an express produce train from Washington state apparently occurred without a hitch over the weekend.
The first train, due in Rotterdam today, arrived Sunday, a full two days ahead of schedule. Union Pacific Railroad and CSX Transportation jointly operate the train for Railex LLC, a unit of Ampco Distribution Services LLC of Riverhead, Long Island.

Officials of Railex have been mum as their new service began operating. They want to ensure there aren't any problems in the system, which will connect produce distribution centers in Wallula, Wash., and Rotterdam with once-a-week, 55-car trains that stop only for crew changes and maintenance, and are tracked and monitored by satellite throughout their 3,000-mile trip....

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=528380&category=BUSINESS&BCCode=&newsdate=10/24/2006

J
11-02-2006, 12:17 PM
http://www.railexusa.com/

scobrown
12-22-2006, 01:20 PM
The trains run once a week. 90 is scheduled to leave Chicago at 0045 on Mondays. 91 is scheduled to leave Schenectady on Wednesdays at 0015. Hope this is helpful.

jdirelan87
12-26-2006, 02:22 AM
The trains run once a week. 90 is scheduled to leave Chicago at 0045 on Mondays. 91 is scheduled to leave Schenectady on Wednesdays at 0015. Hope this is helpful.

Just so there is no confusion, the actual train symbol is Q090/Q091. From what I heard so far its only been using UP power, AC4400Ws or the like.

scobrown
12-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Mr. Ireland,

I am an engineer for CSX. I realized there is a Q0 in front of the number. You are correct that they run 44ac's most of the time. The company specifically modified one of our train handling rules so we would be able to run all three ac's online. We are limited otherwise to 24 axles in power and dynamic brake. The ac's are rated as 9 for both on CSX. CSX went a little retro for the train symbol. 90 and 91 used to be hotshots on the C&O between Chicago and Richmond, Va.

jdirelan87
12-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Mr. Ireland,

I am an engineer for CSX. I realized there is a Q0 in front of the number.

I never ment that you yourself didn't know the symbol, I was trying to make it clear for people not familiar with the CSX symbol system. If somebody went out on the Water Level kooking for a Train "91," they would never find it....