PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
11-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Anyone have any schedule info on Guilford or NECR in Mass.? We will be "based" out of East Deerfield this weekend and will be chasing anything heading ANY direction from there. Any info or links is greatly appreciated even if it is just a list of train! Thanks!

PS. We will be there Friday-Sunday.

rparent
11-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Andrew,
Guilford is pretty unpredictable. The train that always use to run on somewhat of a schedule was the MOPO/EDMO CP train. MOPO arrives sometime in the morning and heads back west in the afternoon as EDMO. As of lately it hasn't been running with run through CP power. The intermodal trains MOAY/AYMO run at night. MOAY is usually through North Adams just after 9:30. You may catch a SEED coming eastbound from New York to East Deerfield during the daylight but its not gauranteed. EDRJ is a westbound thats also sporadic and was running during the day for a while but im not sure on that now. You'll probably get an empty coal train heading west Saturday or Sunday from the power plant in Bow, NH with NS power. Heres a website to help with train symbols and freqs.

http://home.comcast.net/~petlick/grs.htm

As for NECR. The only schedule I know is there south end job which is 608 and usually is OD at Palmer, MA around 0600. They head south to Franklin, CT where they meet the 610 job from New London and swap cars and head back to Palmer usually after noon sometime. Route 32 follows the tracks from Palmer to Franklin. Good luck this weekend.

J. E. Landrum
11-08-2006, 04:41 AM
I have a flat spot on my forehead from slamming my head into the ground during my years of railfanning Guilford. All I can say is good luck!

Andrew Blaszczyk (2)
11-08-2006, 04:52 AM
Hahaha! Thanks for the info, Ryan! That's exactly what I was hoping to find. As for the luck, we gave ourselves three almost full days to see one train with Guilford power. If that doesn't happen...well...who knows what'll happen..all I know is it wouldn't just be a flat spot on my forehead ;) Thanks again!