PDA

View Full Version : Using the right equipment for the job

RyanRamsey
12-05-2003, 12:26 AM
I am new to this site, and I love taking pictures but I want to know if im using a quality camera or junk. I know nothing about cameras so here it goes...
I have a Minolta 550si and I have a "Promaster 58mm Skylight 1A" it zooms? from 28mm to 80mm 1:3.5-5.6
Once the pictures are developed they look magnificant so I would imagine its ok.

Thanks for the help.

Ryan

Curtis Wininger
12-05-2003, 02:26 AM
You said the pictures look good, that's all that counts. If you can do what you need and everything turns out ok, no worries.

K.J.
12-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Minolta are decent enough cameras.I cannot comment on this particular model as I have never used it.
The 58mm Skylight 1A is actually a filter and not the name of the lense you are using. You can unscrew this filter from the front of the lense but I would not .It has no real effect on any photos you take but it protects your lense from foreign objects (grit,stones dust etc.).I Use 1A's on all my lenses.
You say you know nothing about cameras so I guess it has auto focus etc..Whilst this is fine and indeed you get some quality photos from it may I suggest if you have a manual have a read and see if it has Aperture priority and shutter priority etc..Find out about apertures etc and have a play about with them.Its fun to learn....