PDA

View Full Version : Help again with several rejection reasons

Bunn19
01-03-2007, 03:25 PM
I hate to keep asking for help, but this picture has me frustrated.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=321930

I was rejected at first for uneven horizon, so I rotated it 1 degree in photoshop. Then it was rejected for being to soft, so I sharpened it some more in photoshop. Now it has been rejected for bad angle and bad cropping.

Is this just a terrrible photo or is there anything that can be done to make it better. I realize that its a "wedge shot" But it looks pretty good to me. (But again I'm new to all of this) any suggestions or criticism will be appreciated.
Thanks

JRMDC
01-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Here's one view. There is nothing going on at the left. Crop the left side (suggestion, keep everything including the third, brown car and chop the rest). Also crop the bottom, as it is a bit dull and that also gets the train off the middle of the horizontal dimension. Then you have the train a bit below middle and trees rising above and behind it.

Ween
01-03-2007, 09:07 PM
I hate to keep asking for help

Don't feel bad about that...that's one of the reason's the forums are here.

As far as this shot goes, sometimes it's tough getting a shot like this accepted since the left side of the train is cut off the frame. But like was suggested, maybe try a tighter crop and lose some on the left and bottom. Good luck!

Joe the Photog
01-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I agree with the advice above, but I would also take through Photoshop or some other software to clean the shot up a bit, maybe sharpen it a bit and play around with the colors. It looks dirty. The sky could probably be bluer with more saturation and the nose should pop out with more shaprening.

Joe

a231pacific
01-07-2007, 04:21 AM
By conventional standards, it's not badly cropped, but it is not a great photo. The road in the left foreground doesn't add anything and the wires across the top of the shot distract as well. Cutting off the end of the train didn't help. Taking the shot about 100 feet further back along the tracks would probably have allowed for a better photo with more of the train and perhaps less road and no wires. As it is, the shot is a conventional 3/4 shot and although it probably would have been accepted a year or two ago, RP's screeners have become more discriminating of late.

Michael Allen