PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements

UNDPilot
01-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Would it be possible to remove the brush covering up the engine using photoshop elements in this photograph? Also how would you go about doing that?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=325808

Studogg120
01-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Digital Manipulation is not allowed.

socalrailfan
01-09-2007, 12:27 AM
What he said, but on a side note take a machete and cut them back, then take another photo! :roll:

Northern Limits
01-09-2007, 12:44 AM
I suppose you can pick up what the others are telling you about pictures for RP. But in answer to your question - use the healing brush with a small tip. It will take some time.
The best solution is still a machete and a retake :grin:

Ween
01-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Would it be possible to remove the brush covering up the engine using photoshop elements in this photograph? Also how would you go about doing that?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=325808

It would be possible, but it's not worth it here. If you get caught digitally manipulating shots, you run the chance of being banned.

My advice is to wait until you get back to Grand Forks and don't have to worry about tress blocking your view!

PLEzero
01-09-2007, 01:43 AM
To answer you question,

Use the Clone Stamp Tool. Select a 10px area, hold ctrl to select an area near the area you want to clone. Then release ctrl and paint over the area you would like to remove.

Mark Rosnick
01-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I agree it's unethical to digitally manipulate photographs. This is RP not "The Weekly World News". Back in the day whenever I was in photojournalism, there was a Pulitzer Prize winner that was an amateur photographer in St Louis. The staff photog from the Post-Dispatch tooks his photo, and didn't notice a Diet Coke can on his coffee table. A photo editor took it out with Photoshop, and he was fired for manipulaing the image. It's not worth getting kicked off RP for doing that.

becker
01-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Wesley,

I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but the rejected image that you pointed to was rejected for a double upload, meaning that there is already one copy in the database. This image is not already in the database. In this case, I would appeal.

Regardless of why it was rejected, you have the right idea for the image. Unfortunately it is another that suffers from a foreground obstruction, although not significantly. It may still have a chance, also considering the fact that the screener did not mention this.

Glad to see that we will have another RP contributor in the Forks area. 8-)

~Louis Becker
Grand Forks, ND
(but writing from Whitestown, IN)

Ween
01-09-2007, 02:27 AM
the rejected image that you pointed to was rejected for a double upload, meaning that there is already one copy in the database.

Not necessarily, it means he probably uploaded the same image twice at or around the same time...