View Full Version : TIFF files from Pixmonix w/Canon software...

02-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Help. I just received quite a few of my old Tmax negs back from Pixmonix and had them scanned to a CD in TIFF format. Jpegs are included, both small and large. When attempting to open the TIFF shots the Canon Viewer Utility will not open, and says this image format is not supported. Same with the Digital Photo Pro, which I send my pics to when editing further. Anybody got any solutions or was this all for nothing? I can view all the files with the exception of the TIFFs, which is what I wanted to begin with to edit.

02-27-2007, 01:57 AM
I withheld posting, hoping someone who knew more would chime in... :)

I'm not familiar with the Canon Viewer Utility and haven't used DPP in quite a while. For some reason it isn't even on this computer, hmm. :) But if DPP doesn't take TIF files, then it doesn't! The solution is to find some editing software that is more comprehensive. I know PS Elements 3 opens TIFF, and I understand that lots of priced software does. I don't know what free software opens TIFF. But ultimately it sounds like you simply need new software.

Hmm, just checked, it appears that Picasa (picasa.google.com) is free software that supports tif as well as a number of raw formats.

02-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Thx. Can't figure it out as DPP supports TIFF files. Hmmm.

02-27-2007, 10:24 AM
How about something stupid. Maybe the files came back as .tiff or .tff but the software only supports .tif?

Or how about translating the file? I just did a quick search and there seems to be some software available, including shareware.

But I have no clue as to what the real problem is, sorry.