PDA

View Full Version : Uploading RR station photos

tomh
01-03-2004, 01:40 AM
I have some shots of old RR stations that I have tried to upload. In some cases the structure is no longer on a RR line because it has been long abandoned. Still, some of these shots can have an historical interest. Even on an abandoned line they look better than the plexiglas boxes of today.

Because of the requisite Locomotive Identification box on the upload form, I can't get them to upload-there is no locomotive, so what do I put in the pulldown box? When I looked at two recent pages of RR Station photos, sure enough, there was a locomotive in each and every photo.

Is it possible to post a shot of a railroad subject (such as an old station, freight house, RR YMCA, what have you) that does not have a locomotive in it, and if so, how is this done please? Thanks.

Chris Starnes
01-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Tom,

We welcome photos like this (given they are well composed and in decent lighting). To upload, select "OTHER" in the loco menu and enter "N/A" in the box below the drop-down menu. That will be all you need to do.

Thanks
Chris

tomh
01-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks Chris, I'll give it a try. I just knew I had asked this once before, but couldn't find it by searching. Tried a search again this morning and saw my original question. Guess I'm smarter this morning. Anyway, thanks for the reply.