PDA

View Full Version : Appeals

Robert28
01-18-2004, 03:44 AM
Just a quick question. Has any one ever sucessfully appealed a rejection?

urslow
01-18-2004, 04:18 AM
Yes once, but only once. :twisted:

Guilford350
01-18-2004, 02:05 PM
I've had two appeals and only one got accepted.

Ken Carr
01-18-2004, 05:02 PM
On the appeals process I have had one win and a number of losses. But they have gone in to greater detail why the photo was rejected instead of a two or three word statement on a normal rejection.

tomh
01-18-2004, 05:55 PM
I won one out of one appeal. I have also made suggested correction twice and had photos accepted. I think the latter is the way to go if you can see the screener's point-do the work, try again.

Robert28
01-18-2004, 10:28 PM
I have also made suggested correction twice and had photos accepted. I think the latter is the way to go if you can see the screener's point-do the work, try again.

I have done that also a few times.

Ween
01-20-2004, 04:13 AM
I've had an appeal go through. The key is, don't take it personally when you have a rejection, be nice in any correspondence, and explain your reasoning simply but clearly. I've found the sreeners to be very helpful when you seek to improve yourself and the quality of product you submit. Good luck...

sawblade5
01-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Yea, but I can sometimes tell when I get a response to an appeal that the same screener that first rejected it, rejected it again and with the same reason and no further deatails. I get really angry about that.

I also ask for help form them and all they give me is a one word response. Which I can't even understand. WTF does too soft mean? What type of angle are they expecting (I got rejected for bad angle at all angles)?

Chris Starnes
01-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Soft Focus means the image is either out of focus or needs more sharpening. Lots of times raw scans of a print/slide will need sharpening to make them look the best that they can.

Bad angle can mean a number of things. Since we generally do not accept the 'plain' going away shot, that could be one reason.

Generally if you ask us for an explanation, we will give it to you. We respond to appeals in the way they are addressed to us. Polite and civil requests are met with much more time and attention than are rude and short emails.

Hope this helps...