PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point...

VRE Man
02-13-2004, 07:10 PM
of having the ability to take evening shots just Minutes before sunset with the avalible light casting a neat "winters" effect on the surroundings. All you need to do is shoot it on a bright sunny day instead but thrus that elimates the dusk lighting shot!

I would also note there is one evening shot of VRE in the evening with falling light & it was taken by me. The other 25 shots are in "Bright Sunny Conditions. Heck I could Photoshop it & double enhance it for a brighter effect but that pulls from the photo IMO.

Oh & you can only get this train in Bright Sunny Conditions from Late March or April as it does not pull past Fredricksburg to the yard till well after 5pm.

Heres the rejection:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your appeal for photo id 33532 has been processed and has been rejected.
Admin Comments >> Sorry, but the lighting is too dark. If this was a special train or something it may be different, but chances are you could get this same shot on a nice & sunny day several times as well.
>> http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=33532

Jason

Ween
02-14-2004, 01:42 AM
Your appeal for photo id 33532 has been processed and has been rejected.
Admin Comments >> Sorry, but the lighting is too dark. If this was a special train or something it may be different, but chances are you could get this same shot on a nice & sunny day several times as well.
>> http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=33532

Jason,

'Tis not wise to prod the staff. But look on the bright side, at least you are getting e-mails telling if you've been rejected or accepted [/still no e-mail traffic for me]

Lord Vader
02-14-2004, 07:19 AM
Aw, go ahead and prod us. :D Remember that this is a photography site and we don't always know the territory you are in to recognize an unusual shot. Photography, however, takes precedence over MOST matters, but not always. Legitimately newsworthy or rare items can be given special consideration. But if we don't know, how can we take it into account?