PDA

View Full Version : Cameras in the cab

Roadrat
02-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Any penalties ever dished out by the RR's against employees that like to railfan from the cab that anyone knows of?????

J
02-27-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm not aware of any specific provisions for cameras but carriers do have rules and policies governing other activities that might distract from their duties. For example, most roads ban the use of personal radios or electronic devices not related to an employee's duties. Some roads allow company use of cell phones but only by an employee not at the controls of a moving train.

If you work for a railroad, your best course would be to use good judgement and not be fussing with a camera when your job requires your attention. So many rules are written for that small percentage of people who mess things up for the rest of us.

E.M. Bell
02-27-2004, 05:29 PM
I havnt heard of any trouble from the rail view cams on NS around here..yet. The crews just seem to ignore them...although they dont really like the feature that records in cab audio....I can only imagine some of the stuff the TM's and RFE's must hear when reviewing those tapes :)

E3429
02-28-2004, 01:26 PM
I haven't had any problem with it. As stated above, as long as you're not messing with the camera when you need to be focussing on work, it shouldn't be a real problem. And this guy here doesn't seem to have had a problem with it either.
http://krugtales.50megs.com/rrpictale/rrpictale.htm