View Full Version : Hot Shoe?

S.C. Vermillion
03-23-2004, 03:52 AM
I noticed in my most recent B&H photo catalog that they had digital camera's with a thing called a "Hot Shoe" What are they refering to? The only thing I can think it could be is the metal mount where a seperate camera flash would mount. Am I correct or wrong?

03-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Correct, I believe. Thing that confuses me on some of the digital cameras I've looked at is that they say they come with a 'night' setting, but then say it doesn't come with a tripod mount. Then some of the lower end ones do have a tripod mount built in, but no night setting. ???

Zach Marlow
03-24-2004, 12:42 AM
That is correct, A hot shoe is for a or another flash for your camera, it sends an electronic signal to the flash unit to flash