PDA

View Full Version : RailPictures.Net Downtime

Chris Kilroy
03-27-2004, 01:10 AM
Hi all,

Just a quick post to let you guys know that later tonight (Friday, Mar 26), and possibly into the early hours of tomorrow morning, I will be moving the RailPictures.Net site to a new server.

This move should considerably increase site speed and performance.

I anticipate several hours of downtime during the move, but by Saturday morning when you wake up, we should be here, ready to go!

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Chris Kilroy
03-27-2004, 07:44 PM
We're back, and on the new server! :)

Thanks to everyone for your patience and understanding!

Does anyone (especially those on broadband) notice the site being faster?

Guilford350
03-27-2004, 08:40 PM
RP is alot faster! :) Before, the front page used to take about 7 seconds to respond and then another 3 to load. Now it does all of that in less than a second! The whole site seems to be much more responsive and quicker loading overall.

E.M. Bell
03-27-2004, 10:43 PM
the new equipment seems to have done the trick...main page loads in about a second, and image pages are loading in 2 or 3 seconds..the screening window is also MUCH faster now...

and that is on a broadband connection..

bo4115
03-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Glad to see the change, the site was beginning to bog down. Thanks

Paul

nordicus
03-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Nice to see the improvements. While there are many rail-photograghy sites out there this one continues to be the best. Keep up the good Work- to all those how are involved in making this site what it is!!

Ween
03-29-2004, 01:38 AM
Nice to see the improvements. While there are many rail-photograghy sites out there this one continues to be the best. Keep up the good Work- to all those how are involved in making this site what it is!!

Melbourne, FL. Heh, I was there today...