PDA

View Full Version : Are Photos Replaced After a Certain Time Period?

tbookout82
04-02-2004, 06:56 PM
I believe that a photo or two that I posted about a year or so ago is no longer in the database. I was looking through what I have on the site the other day and noticed this. Are the photos only displayed for a year and then replaced, or am I just mistaken about what I had on the site?

Thanks,

E.M. Bell
04-02-2004, 07:42 PM
with the almost unlimited space we have, images should remain in the DB unless removed by request of the photographer. . We recently made a lengthy move to a new server to help speed up the site, and have had reports of a few older images that did not survive the transistion. If you can provide the image number, CK "should" be able to restore them without much fuss.

most of the images that have been reported MIA after the server switch show up as a "red x", with the HTLM portion remaining....is this what you are seeing??

tbookout82
04-02-2004, 08:24 PM
There are two missing, one is the red "x" that you mentioned, the other one is completely missing. When I say completely MIA, I mean no info or anything for it. They were both B&W shots of Q540 at Midway, one with the town in the background and I believe that the other was a going away shot in the inside of the curve leaving town. These were the first two ever uploaded for me, so are some of the older ones on the site. I believe the numbers were in the 7700's or something. I can provide the number for the one with the "x," but do not have the one for the other shot, however they were back to back uploads, so should be + or - 10 of the other shot. Should I post that number on this forum?

Thanks again

tbookout82
04-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Picture 7742 is the one with the red "x". The one that is totally MIA is also in the 7740's I believe, as I said + or - 10 or so. I think the other one may even be 7743 because they were right together.

Thanks

arnstg
04-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Just went thru the photos of photographer "BURGHMAN"and about 20 of his photos did not show up. Do a search on him and you can find the ones with no photo .

Curtis Wininger
04-13-2004, 12:50 AM
Check the troubleshooting and feedback forums. There are several topics from a week or two ago about that.