PDA

View Full Version : HP Scanjet 4470c

upswitchman
06-15-2003, 04:07 PM
HP scanjet 4470c

Does anyone have this scanjet? If so look at my photo's by typing my name on the main home page todd picha and tell me what i can do to clear up the images. I have done every thing i know to do to get them crystal clear but it seems to me my focus is out of adjustment. The slides and prints i have a sharpe and in focus and there is no reason for them to be scanning like that. Maybe there is a feature on this model i do not know about to fix the focus? Can someone out there help me?

Todd

Robert28
06-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Hey Todd,

I'm not using a 4470c but I do use a HP ScanJet 6200c so I might be able to help some.

What output resolution are you scanning at?

Are you using any kind of photo editing software?

Robert

upswitchman
06-16-2003, 05:32 AM
Hi Robert28

All I know it can scan 2400 to 24dpi. the ANR slide I last uploaded was scanned at 2400dpi with extreme sharpen. And the results were well the picture speaks for its self. I have worked with to I am blue in the face and I still feel that it can do better than what I have uploaded.

Todd Picha

upswitchman
06-16-2003, 04:27 PM
I also have Paint Shop Pro 7 and if it helps I have HP photo printing.

Todd Picha

upswitchman
06-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Hello Everyone,
If anyone out there can give me any info. on slide scanners and what they think is the best, i am open for comments. I have researched a few on the web and found this one. Does anyone have one? Microtek AtrtixScan 4000t. And if anyone has one how do you like it. Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

upswitchman
Todd

Robert28
06-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey Todd,

On my scanner I usually use 300dpi for prints. If I go higher I get image noise in the shadows. I don't use it for scanning slides. I've tried but the results wasn't to good.

I use Paint Shop Pro 7 also. Try going under Effects>Enhance Photo>Clarify or Effects>Sharpen>Sharpen. Both of those help with mine.

Hope this helps.

Robert

upswitchman
06-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Hi Robert28,

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try and see what kind if results I get.

Todd