PDA

View Full Version : Digital Photo Processing Forum

Chris Starnes
07-07-2003, 02:14 PM
This forum is now in place should you have a question about photo editing using some of the more common programs such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. If you have questions about your software or photo editing in general, feel free to post your question here in this forum. Our staff and other forum members will be glad to help you.

In the future, look for some basic tutorials to help 'newbies' with their photo editing.

Thanks!
Chris

nickhp
08-16-2003, 11:28 PM
So Chris, when you going to kick things off here? How do you shoot, RAW or JPEG? If RAW, how do you convert? What is your preferred method of resizing pictures for posting to the web without getting jaggies? What about sharpening - before or after resizing, and what do you use - unsharp mask, sharpen, or "add-on" utilities like those made by Fred Miranda?

Just thought it would be interesting for Canon users out there...

Nick

Chris Starnes
08-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Nick,

I shoot using the large JPEG setting on the D60. I resize then sharpen using Unsharp Mask. I haven't tried any of the add-on features like that.

Chris

Robert28
09-06-2003, 08:30 AM
Chris,

What Photo editor are you using?

Robert

Chris Starnes
09-07-2003, 04:23 AM
Robert,

I am using Photoshop 6...

Chris

Robert28
09-07-2003, 06:48 AM
Chris,

I'm using Paint Shop Pro 7. Never have messed with Photoshop. Would be curious as to how they stack up. I'm using PSP to edit scanned prints. Mainly just clean up and a little tinkering with color and brightness.

Robert