PDA

View Full Version : The Union Pacific in the Twin Cities.

busyEMT
07-28-2004, 03:56 AM
Does anyone know if the UP is introducing Triple Crown Service in the metro?

Over the summer, UP crews tore up numerous tracks in the Union Yard. The other day I noticed a new yard office and over 20 TCS trailers. Also, there has been more power idling in the yard.

legodragonxp
10-12-2004, 02:22 AM
I just noticed the UP roadrailers today. At about 1800hrs I saw UP #4666 hauling off with about 55 trailers (east towards the BN intermodal yard off of Snelling). They were hooking them up just west of 280 and Kasota. UP#3810 was there as well, I'm guessing for the next run. Almost all of the triple crown trailers had Norfolk Southern decals on them (and some Conrail).

For the railfan you can stand on the Blvd of Kasota and watch the whole thing without getting in anybodies way or trespassing.

-Todd

mikev
11-02-2004, 05:02 PM
If you can get your hand on Trains Magazine, they did a quick write up on that very topic, near the front in the new and photos pages.
It's either the issue with BNSF reborn on the cover or last months with chemical cars in the sun.

But yes UP has begun roadrailer service to the TC over a line through central WI from Chicago. The trains article even address some of the schedule they run on.

Mike V