PDA

View Full Version : Amtrak F59PHI in Chicago

BNSFMIKE
08-07-2004, 04:00 AM
Hello Everyone,

Did anybody else in the Chicagoland area catch the Amtrak train on the BNSF triple track main today (8-6-04)? I believe it was the SW Chief inbound to Chicago, and the first 3 units were phase V P42's, and the last engine was an F59PHI, road number 452! I have never seen these beauties except in California. In addition, there was a Surfliner car trailing the 10 car superliner consist. What a fun day it was!!

Thanks for reading!
Mike

stevehoskins
11-17-2004, 05:43 PM
While it IS unusual to see the Surfliner equipment in Chicago,most likely it was being deadheaded to/from Beech Grove. The F59PHI's are all undergoing overhaul (450, 460, 461 have already been done) and soem of the cars are being put through major maintenance at Beech Grove too.

foremantim1
03-20-2005, 01:57 AM
o yea' you should see 458 there right now. Getting its new nose put on it and even an overhaul so hey kill 2 birds with one stone. And rumor has it that AMTK is goin under again. Last thing they need is sum trucker f--kin up one of their engines by stoppin on the crossing. i was there when that happened and aww man.