PDA

View Full Version : Film Scanners

Robert28
08-15-2004, 04:38 AM
Hey All,

I'm wanting to get a slide/film scanner. Was looking at Minolta's DiMAGE Scan Dual IV. Was wondering if anyone had one and what kind of results they are getting.

Thanks
Robert

dixieswitcher1
09-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Robert,

I'm wondering the same thing - what film scanners are folks using out there? My flatbed is worthless.

Any help?

Bryan Jones
09-11-2004, 04:17 AM
I'm currently using the Nikon Coolscan V film/slide scanner. It scans at 4000dpi and is equiped with the Digital ICE4 dust/scratch removal system. I just bought this scanner in July and have been very pleased with its performance with my slides. I haven't scanned any negatives with it yet but I may do that sometime soon just to see how good it does with them. Price for this scanner is $600 and worth every penny.
The Minolta's are also excellent scanners. As a matter of fact my new Nikon unit replaces my old Minolta DiMage Scan Elite II. This scanner scanned at 2820 DPI and was also equiped with the Digital ICE package. I really liked this scanner, especially since you could load 4 slides at a time for scanning, whereas my new Nikon can only take 1 at a time. The only reason that I replaced the Minolta was due to the fact that I could not get it to work on my new computer with Windows XP. Had I called Minolta for assistence I probably could have gotten everything lined up just fine but got fed up with it and just bought the new scanner. I plan to sell the Minolta to help make up for the cost of my new unit. Anyway it goes though, the current lineup of Minolta scanners are hard to beat quality wise and value.

Bryan Jones