PDA

View Full Version : Rejected photo can it be saved?

Bob Pickering
08-17-2004, 02:34 AM
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=40541

Tell me what you think? I have already sharpened it up but is it too bad to to save?

Thanks!

Bob

dns860
08-17-2004, 02:43 AM
I'm sorry to say that on my screen, at least, your photo looks grainy, backlit, and out of focus. Does that make it irrepairable? I dunno. I get hung up myself trying to save dark or poorly composed pics with PS7, but bringing a subject into focus has always proven to be beyond my skills. My use of the sharpen tool usually results in pixelation.

I'd certainly like to know what some of the really accomplished editors think!

Dave S.

Bob Pickering
08-17-2004, 02:51 AM
Yeah the lighting was tough but it was such a rare move. (right after Hurricane Charley) I almost wish I used my SLR instead of my Digital.

I did post it on my website and got good reviews there though :-)

Bob

Peter
08-17-2004, 03:03 AM
I don't know what editing software you are using, but you can make the picture better. I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8. I did an Adjust -- Sharpness -- Unsharp Mask, then I did an Enhance Photo -- One Step Photo Fix. Try that and see what you think.

JButler
08-17-2004, 03:22 AM
Does anyone know what 727 has hit. There is some obvious damage to the nose.
Jim B.

JButler
08-17-2004, 03:22 AM
Does anyone know what 727 has hit. There is some obvious damage to the nose.
Jim B.

Warren
08-17-2004, 03:26 AM
It looks like someone just brushed up against the dirty front end along with grabbing on and around the door handle to me. :)

JButler
08-18-2004, 02:05 AM
Yeah, I guess you are right. It looks like it is dented in on the monitor at work, where I saw the photo first.
Jim B.

rtn40
08-18-2004, 02:49 AM
BOB, I got a shot of the same train at PINEDA SIDING and it looks as bad or worse than yours. Not much can be done with the conditions what they were at the time

rpalmer
08-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Not much can be done with the conditions what they were at the time

I agree. It's tough to get a decent photo under conditions like this. The photo isn't sharp at all. Perhaps this is from a low shutter speed. Did you try going to a higher ASA ?
It also seems like you were stressing the rarity of a CSX train on the FEC as grounds for it being accepted in spite of the quality of the image. If you had photographed it at a location that supported this more clearly, it might have helped. For those who live in this area, it might be obvious that the photo is on the FEC. For those who don't, it's simply a CSX train passing a red signal somewhere in the woods of Florida.

Bob Pickering
08-20-2004, 12:58 AM
Hello!

Yeah I tried to capture the FEC evidence, there was an FEC no tresspassing sign but the train was approaching, a thunderstorm was in progress and I did not want to get my Cannon G5 wet (nor hit by lightning) I only have "Picture It" photo editor I may try to work it more.

Anyway I may mess with it some more and try again.

Thanks folks!

Bob