PDA

View Full Version : Prove it ...

ddavies
08-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Another in the is it real dept. First pic on my news page, I'm telling you NS 203 got to this location about 1 minute after VRE 327 left. Can you prove it?

http://members.cox.net/dbdavies/news/news.htm

Warren
08-19-2004, 12:56 AM
I am guessing here that the freight would not be allowed to approach the station while passengers were loading or unloading. Therefore the passenger train should have been long gone by the time the NS showed up. :roll:

ddavies
08-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Since the platform is only on one side, there is no restriction on movement on the other track, but I told you that VRE cleared before 203 got there. I wanted you to find artifacts of manipulation in the image to prove that it was a fake :wink:

Guilford350
08-19-2004, 02:19 PM
I think I found some.

In PS, when zoomed in, I can spot some vertical and horizontal lines below the Dash-9's truck. And about 15 pixels left of the Dash-9's yellow hand rail (engineer's side) there appears to be some pixels that don't match.

Warren
08-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Well it is a great job! I do notice a rectangular shape between the two trains about midway down the V23 that look out of place also there is no reflection of the V23 off of the NS and I would think there would be some.

Aaron
08-19-2004, 02:58 PM
this photo is real, have a better look at it people, those "off coloured" pixels are really the grass, tuff of weeds maybe. The shadows on the units match up. This photo is clean, however if it is a fake. My hat is off to the person who did it

Warren
08-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh I agree Aaron that it is a masterful job if indeed it is fake, however the person who took the photo wrote this.
I'm telling you NS 203 got to this location about 1 minute after VRE 327 left. Can you prove it?

Aaron
08-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Yea I can prove it,

look at the photo. I am almost 100% that the photo is legit, and if what i am proving is the 203 got there a minute after the VRE then the picture looks correct because the VRE would have to stop. So that is my two cents on the topic.

I dont know if any of that made any sense, I am getting ready to do a few things before school starts so i am typing and getting ready at the same time. If you need any clarification just reply

ddavies
08-21-2004, 03:01 AM
The VRE train went under the bridge I am standing on about a minute before 203 came. But you sure can't use shadows to tell anything, when they were taken a minute apart :wink:

The "boxes" you see are artifacts of JPG compression, which basically hide the very fine detail needed to tell if was a fake or not.

JButler
08-21-2004, 03:15 AM
What is the light area seen through the windshield of V23? Kind of looks like looking through the window of the door behind the engineers seat, but the angle may be wrong and it is hard to tell at this resolution. Just wondering.
Jim Butler

Aaron
08-21-2004, 07:18 AM
also you have to remember that file size can also be an issue so compression (in my opinion) is a good idea. I know when ever I post anything to my website compression is a must

ddavies
08-21-2004, 11:45 AM
You are looking through the side window, and the white line is a reflection of the front handrail.

mtrails
10-29-2004, 04:11 AM
Wow, what a photo. :shock: The signals play a big part in the event. The last comment was the reflection of the handrail in the side window. It appears to me, a reflection of the track. It also seems in the fore loco that, what is seen through the side windows aren't reflections, but trasparencies of the background. It looks as if you are peering through the loco in the conductor's window seeing the track, and through the engineer's window, seeing the back half of the hood. The windows of the units generally don't mirror reflections, especially since the four windows on the unit are facing on the same angle, and the two middle windows show no reflction at all. Though with the switch track in it's position, making sense of the photo, it seems highly unlikely. I will say this; I have seen two trains passing in opposite directions at track speed through a junction where two tracks merge into one where timing is critical. You decide.

ddavies
10-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Actually, you are not looking at the intended photo, which was on my news page. These pictures change every couple of days, so the VRE/NS picture was removed months ago :(

All other replies were made within 3 days of the posting. Unfortunately, now this thread doesn't mean much.

Sorry for any confusion.

mtrails
10-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Ooops!