PDA

View Full Version : Appealed Rejections

Peter
09-18-2004, 03:50 AM
Earlier today I submitted 2 pictures, both were rejected. These are the pictures; http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=49835 and http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject.php?id=49839.

The reject reason for 49835 was bad motive. The Pettibone car mover is not a common site, but it is railroad related. There were no admin comments attached to the rejected appeal, so I am not complaining about what the screeners thought about the quality of the picture.

The reject reason for 49839 was Horizon unlevel. That is the first time I have received that as an rejection. I appealed that rejection as well, since the mountains in the background are even, they are not tilted left or right, and the train is on an uphill grade. There were also no admin comments attached to the rejected appeal, so I am not complaining about what the screeners thought about the quality of the picture.

I am confused and would like the opinion of other viewers.

Thank you

cmherndon
09-18-2004, 04:18 AM
The reject reason for 49835 was bad motive. The Pettibone car mover is not a common site, but it is railroad related.

An interesting shot, but I don't see how they could reject it for bad motive. However, there looks to be some noise in the photo where the sky looks real blotchy. This can be fixed by going back into Photoshop and cropping a little more generously (but not too much), or resizing it closer to 800 x 600. Always make sure that when you save for web to do it at either High or Maximum quality. You might also want to use the clone stamp to get rid of that power line.

The reject reason for 49839 was Horizon unlevel. That is the first time I have received that as an rejection.

This one has noise, too. Try the techniques listed above, and you should be good to go with both photos.

Ween
09-18-2004, 04:48 AM
I don't have a copy of Photoshop, but I use Neat Image to reduce noise. Here's their site:

http://www.neatimage.com/

It takes a little tinkering to get the results you want, but the tutorial is very good.

That second photo is really cool BTW...

mojo628
09-18-2004, 07:10 AM
Peter,

I find both of those shots to be worthy of posting.

The first shot is of an unusal piece of railroad equipment while the second is a nice shot of a train going up a grade.

The sky does look a little funky in the second shot, but no worse than many photos that have been accepted in the past.

It is apparent that the train is on a grade as the majority of the trees in the foreground are vertical denoting you are level with the horizon.

fchaase
10-10-2004, 05:42 PM
I have had several pictures rejected for stupid reasons when they were clearly perfect pictures.It is frustrating when you take the time to upload a
picture only to have it shot down for reasons that make no sense.

WaltGay
11-09-2004, 03:37 AM
I got a slide scanner a while back and was able to get 5 photos posted on the Railpictures site. But I had a ton rejected. Some I was baffelled as to why. I never got an explaination. I had no idea you could appeal. There seem to be tons of NS widecabs, but I have stuff from the sixties that they don't think is worthy. How do you appeal?

Walt

Ween
11-09-2004, 04:11 AM
I got a slide scanner a while back and was able to get 5 photos posted on the Railpictures site. But I had a ton rejected. Some I was baffelled as to why. I never got an explaination. I had no idea you could appeal. There seem to be tons of NS widecabs, but I have stuff from the sixties that they don't think is worthy. How do you appeal?

Walt

In your e-mailed rejection, in the body of the text there's a link to the appeal. If your browser doesn't automatically link, just copy and paste in your address bar.