RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   So who is getting up at 4am to watch the royal wedding? (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13863)

troy12n 04-28-2011 11:23 PM

So who is getting up at 4am to watch the royal wedding?
 
LoL,

Please turn in your man card.

Had a nice conversation with a colleague during lunch today about how he "gets" to go out to a sports bar with some friends and watch the NFL draft because his wife and some of her friends are having some big party at his house at 4am to watch the royal wedding. She is apparently calling in sick tomorrow too.

WOW...

Anyone else so lucky? I will be sleeping and have a dentist appt at 9:30am. Blah.

JimThias 04-28-2011 11:45 PM

In the year 2011, NO ONE should be recognized as "royalty."

Anyone who acknowledges these people as "royalty" are an embarrassment to humanity.

Fire away. :twisted:

coborn35 04-28-2011 11:49 PM

Well they have no power anyway, so who cares?

JimThias 04-28-2011 11:55 PM

Obviously millions of suckers in this world care. It's baffling.

AntD. 04-28-2011 11:56 PM

I'm getting married to Mirite Hand tomorrow as well....Anybody wanna watch us tie the knot? LMAO!!!!

crazytiger 04-29-2011 12:05 AM

I just can't wait for them to get the thing over with. But, why is this in this forum, not the OT forum?

troy12n 04-29-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazytiger (Post 136250)
I just can't wait for them to get the thing over with. But, why is this in this forum, not the OT forum?

Probably for the same reason people come and complain about being lowered to two uploads/day.

Joe the Photog 04-29-2011 12:28 AM

I love my wife for a lot of reasons. Here's one, a conversation we had yesterday:

Me: "Anyone at your office talking about the royal wedding?"
Her: "What's a royal wedding?"

She had no clue. I gave her a big hug.

troy12n 04-29-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 136255)
I love my wife for a lot of reasons. Here's one, a conversation we had yesterday:

Me: "Anyone at your office talking about the royal wedding?"
Her: "What's a royal wedding?"

She had no clue. I gave her a big hug.

LoL, you got a keeper.

Holloran Grade 04-29-2011 07:07 AM

I know what Steven is doing tomorrow....
 
Who is going to watch?

Old ladies and the fabulous of course!

My Mom is going to watch it.

I asked her today just to prove my hunch.

I figured she would since she watched the last one when the kid's mum got hitched to whats his name.

I am glad I don't live at home anymore.

Course I know most of you still do, so I just wanted to say I feel your pain about tomorrow.

Have fun watching the wedding with your mum while I sleep in!:lol:

troy12n 04-29-2011 12:00 PM

I just got up (8am local time) (got to sleep in because I have a dentist appt) and this BS is still on all the channels instead of the morning news

bigbassloyd 04-29-2011 12:25 PM

It's on here at work. I'd rather be fishing.

Loyd L.

troy12n 04-29-2011 12:35 PM

I think it's over, they just started showing tornado stuff.

mersenne6 04-29-2011 12:41 PM

Where did you guys find this information about a royal wedding? I checked all of the usual sources and there isn't a single word about a BNSF/UP merger.

DWHonan 04-29-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mersenne6 (Post 136278)
Where did you guys find this information about a royal wedding? I checked all of the usual sources and there isn't a single word about a BNSF/UP merger.

They're talking about BNSF-CN again, with "royal" used jokingly since CN used to be a Crown corporation of Canada.

Joe the Photog 04-29-2011 02:51 PM

I haven't cut my TV on yet, but I know we were going to cut in to our local news to show it. There are two groups of people in the newsroom this week, those that could not wait to watch the wedding and those that think thosde who could not wait for the wedding are completely freaking looney. Of course, a group of us guys were watching the draft last night at work and some of them were yelling at the screen about a teams picks. So I'm not sure what that says about us either.

bbrant 04-29-2011 03:50 PM

I didn't get an invite so, as a way to rebel, I didn't watch. Had a nice wedding gift for them that I'm now keeping for myself which works out good because my wife and I could use a pair of Snuggies.

JimThias 04-29-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 136281)
Of course, a group of us guys were watching the draft last night at work and some of them were yelling at the screen about a teams picks. So I'm not sure what that says about us either.

"Watching the draft" is about as exciting as watching the royal wedding. :twisted:

Joe the Photog 04-29-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 136286)
"Watching the draft" is about as exciting as watching the royal wedding. :twisted:

Well, I was on the clock just waiting for a house fire, car wreck or train derailment. So it wasn't that bad!

JimThias 04-29-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 136293)
Well, I was on the clock just waiting for a house fire, car wreck or train derailment. So it wasn't that bad!

Getting paid to watch paint dry...not bad! ;-)

Watain 04-29-2011 06:15 PM

Wonder how much a ''royal'' photographer gets paid?

Wizzo 04-29-2011 07:31 PM

Don't knock it - we got an extra National Holiday out of the event :) Just a shame the weather wasn't the best.

I did plan to go out and do some photography, but the day wasn' wasted as I caught up with my backlog of shots to process.

stlgevo51 04-29-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 136277)
I think it's over, they just started showing tornado stuff.

One might think that in America, tornadoes that killed over 300 people (I think, I haven't been able to look at the news today yet) would be more important than a couple of unimportant people (to us, at least) getting married. Alas, I am wrong, and all of the people who died, suffered property damage, or lost love ones get put on the back burner. What a twisted world in which we live.

By the way, can we make Inauguration Day a national holiday?

JRMDC 04-29-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlgevo51 (Post 136307)
One might think that in America, tornadoes that killed over 300 people (I think, I haven't been able to look at the news today yet) would be more important than a couple of unimportant people (to us, at least) getting married. Alas, I am wrong, and all of the people who died, suffered property damage, or lost love ones get put on the back burner. What a twisted world in which we live.

By the way, can we make Inauguration Day a national holiday?

I hear you, but frankly, I don't expect people to spend as much time watching bad news and suffering as they do watching a happy event. Time spent watching on TV is not necessarily a good measure of how important people think something is. There is also entertainment in life.

Wizzo 04-29-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlgevo51 (Post 136307)
By the way, can we make Inauguration Day a national holiday?

The last Royal wedding National Holiday we got was in 1981 - a new President every 4 years is slightly more frequent :)

We saw the tornado footage on the news here - terrible for all involved.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.