RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Color Issues (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18355)

Decapod401 09-08-2020 11:13 PM

Color Issues

1 Attachment(s)
I posted a shot last night that looked fine in Lightroom, looked fine in MS Photos, where I resize, and seems to look fine in the thumbnail, but the full size RP image has a heavy purple cast.

Attachment 9807

[photoid=747451]

Any thoughts?

TedG 09-09-2020 12:50 AM

I would've called it a "bluish" cast, Doug, but to me it still looks fine on RP. Maybe they need to add a UV filter to the RP server.

Sorry I know that wasn't much help. But I can't concentrate until I know just how many appliances were on the front porch, and how many derelict pickup trucks were in the front yard.

/Ted

EMTRailfan 09-09-2020 02:46 AM

It looks like it scrambled during upload too. The left edge of your photo is on the right along with the RP copyright banner.

miningcamper3 09-09-2020 09:25 AM

The color looks fine on my screen!
What does bother me some is those branches obstructing the power.

RobJor 09-09-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMTRailfan (Post 196817)
It looks like it scrambled during upload too. The left edge of your photo is on the right along with the RP copyright banner.

Yes, did not recognize sliver on right was from left side, but even on the left side there seems to be an overlay?, you can see discolored edge in the far upper left. Of course I hesitate to think this could happen to Doug but I have failed to save corrections to the right file or uploaded a wrong version.

Bob Jordan

Decapod401 09-09-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 196819)
Yes, did not recognize sliver on right was from left side, but even on the left side there seems to be an overlay?, you can see discolored edge in the far upper left. Of course I hesitate to think this could happen to Doug but I have failed to save corrections to the right file or uploaded a wrong version.

Bob Jordan

I successfully reuploaded the file yesterday with the same results. As I said in the OP, even the thumbnail looks good, so I don't see a color space issue on my part. I think the sliver to the right appeared after the reupload.

Grewup on the CW 09-09-2020 04:02 PM

There is a sliver at the top of the picture that matches your attached picture. The uploaded shot does have color difference compared to your attached pic as a whole. Weird, especially with the sliver issue.

bigbassloyd 09-09-2020 04:49 PM

Some weird stuff going on there Doug.

The two photos are distinctively different in regard to color cast on my monitors.

Loyd L.

JimThias 09-10-2020 12:42 AM

The original looks WAY too green. Almost electric.

Decapod401 09-10-2020 10:10 PM

I took Jim's advise and cut down the green. I submitted a reupload request, and now it's in and doesn't have the purple or sliver issues.

[photoid=747451]