RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What's an acceptable timeframe to submit this shot? (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12415)

JimThias 06-28-2010 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. E. Landrum (Post 116730)
You guys need to coordinate your uploads. We only need one and that is enough. Debate it at the time you are shooting it and upload accordingly please.

So does that mean we aren't going to see multiple shots of the same train in the same exact location from different photographers standing shoulder to shoulder any more? About time! http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/7.gif

Oh, but wait...what if the guy who waited to submit has a better quality image than the one who got there first?

bigbassloyd 06-28-2010 12:51 AM

What if you're standing shoulder to knee?

Loyd L.

Chase55671 06-28-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 116757)
Oh, but wait...what if the guy who waited to submit has a better quality image than the one who got there first?

If you were directing that towards me, Jim, I had permission from Loyd to submit my version. I slapped on my 10-22mm and did a low angle including the rock to show a different angle than Loyd, who had his 18-55mm on and had his tri-pod considerably elevated. So I didn't necessarily get their "first", I just submitted the version I had permission to upload. If I would've uploaded my version of what Loyd presented, he would've thrown my camera in the New River next time I'm down there. ;)

Two slightly different angles and two different lighting conditions as well.

Chase

JimThias 06-28-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase55671 (Post 116759)
If you were directing that towards me, Jim, I had permission from Loyd to submit my version.

Nope, not at all. Some older identical shots quickly came to mind that I was referencing...one in particular involving 1225 and a farm.

When I said "get there first," I meant the photo submitted to RP, not that actual photographer getting to the scene first. ;-)

Chase55671 06-28-2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 116760)
Nope, not at all. Some older identical shots quickly came to mind that I was referencing...one in particular involving 1225 and a farm.

When I said "get there first," I meant the photo submitted to RP, not that actual photographer getting to the scene first. ;-)

That's what I thought you originally meant, but wanted to clarify on my behalf you weren't implying otherwise. I didn't want you to think I was a photographer who only cared about myself and my photography, as I'm so often referred to as. :lol:

Chase

mark woody 06-28-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 116758)
What if you're standing shoulder to knee?

Loyd L.

Loyd next time you push Chase into the water make sure his lens cap is on so he doesn't get a TO24.:lol::lol::lol:

bigbassloyd 06-28-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark woody (Post 116762)
Loyd next time you push Chase into the water make sure his lens cap is on so he doesn't get a TO24.:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't have to push him, he found his way into the water enough on his own.

I made the comment to him about how dumb we were to be 100 foot out in the middle of a river with several thousand dollars worth of electronics.

Loyd L.

Joe the Photog 06-28-2010 02:33 AM

Quote:

Nt to mention three (or was it four?) B&LE shots of the same train on the same day at the same spot.

asis80 06-28-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase55671 (Post 116761)
as I'm so often referred to as. :lol:

Chase

What was the reason in adding this to your statement Chase? Was there REALLY a need for it? Do you want someone to feel sorry for you? Statements like this bring attention to yourself, and that's why you get this "reference" you are talking about.

Ben

Chase55671 06-28-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asis80 (Post 116765)
What was the reason in adding this to your statement Chase? Was there REALLY a need for it? Do you want someone to feel sorry for you? Statements like this bring attention to yourself, and that's why you get this "reference" you are talking about.

Ben

Ben, was it necessary for you to take the time out of your busy schedule to comment on my statement? You're certainly entitled to comment, but one needs to express valid points when commenting! Perhaps you should review your signature and follow it!

For someone who said they were done dealing with me sure does voice their opinion quite often! Sort of reminds me of Daniel Valentine.. Must be that Pennsylvania air!

Chase

troy12n 06-28-2010 03:28 AM

You all are like a bunch of gossiping women about this, lol

asis80 06-28-2010 03:34 AM

Yup Chase, that's exactly it. I am SO glad you figured that out. As for your shot, it's still too grainy. Back on subject.....Loyd, you have a great shot. Go showcase it on some other accounts or whatever you may submit too, then give it a go here. Don't see why it wouldn't make it, Chases' did, yours should EASILY make it in.

Ben

mark woody 06-28-2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 116763)
I didn't have to push him, he found his way into the water enough on his own.

I made the comment to him about how dumb we were to be 100 foot out in the middle of a river with several thousand dollars worth of electronics.

Loyd L.

The shots are worth it.Well done.

coborn35 06-28-2010 04:34 AM

You guys want a baby bottle pop? You both have stuff against the other, clearly, so I would advise PM'ing from now on.

Mgoldman 06-28-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 116694)
How long should I wait until I give mine a go in the queue? Loyd L.

I'd give it a few seconds...

[photoid=209868]
[photoid=209847]
[photoid=209842]
[photoid=209830]

This set stirred a debate on RP back in December and it seemed most
favored duplicate images as long as they were not 100% identical.
[photoid=307794]
[photoid=309350]
[photoid=307827]
[photoid=307847]

I imagine we have not seen every Carland nor classic car with #765 yet!

The only thing I can say for sure, Loyd, is tonight is not a good night as a derailed bus just got accepted.

/Mitch

bigbassloyd 06-28-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgoldman (Post 116776)

The only thing I can say for sure, Loyd, is tonight is not a good night as a derailed bus just got accepted.

/Mitch

Yeah, there will be no uploading of anything for the next 24 hours :D

Loyd L.

PLEzero 06-28-2010 07:27 AM

Didn't seem to matter here. Same photographer. Same day. Same angle. 4 consecutive images.

[photoid=329186]
[photoid=329187]
[photoid=329188]
[photoid=329189]

cblaz 06-28-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asis80 (Post 116765)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase55671 (Post 116766)
Ben, was it necessary for you to take the time out of your busy schedule to comment on my statement? You're certainly entitled to comment, but one needs to express valid points when commenting! Perhaps you should review your signature and follow it!

For someone who said they were done dealing with me sure does voice their opinion quite often! Sort of reminds me of Daniel Valentine.. Must be that Pennsylvania air!

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 116767)
You all are like a bunch of gossiping women about this, lol

These comments made my day. Nicely done, guys, making Troy look like the mature voice of reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 116757)
So does that mean we aren't going to see multiple shots of the same train in the same exact location from different photographers standing shoulder to shoulder any more? About time! http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/7.gif

Quote:

Jim, how would you solve this dilemma on photo charters? Get everyone together at the end and plan who's posting which runby?

There are certain charter attendees that are notorious for posting almost every angle as soon as they get home. For someone helping putting the charter together, I'm glad that the charter gets recognition almost as soon as it's over. At the same time, by the time I get home and get my shots downloaded, there's usually 30-50 shots already added, so the shots end up sitting on my hard drive.

- Chris

JimThias 06-28-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblaz (Post 116782)
Jim, how would you solve this dilemma on photo charters? Get everyone together at the end and plan who's posting which runby?

I don't think there is any solution. And I was being a little tongue in cheek with my original comment. :)

milwman 06-28-2010 01:03 PM

The way I see it both are worthy so try it in two weeks?

Joe the Photog 06-28-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. E. Landrum (Post 116730)
You guys need to coordinate your uploads. We only need one and that is enough. Debate it at the time you are shooting it and upload accordingly please.

We're told that seperate photogs need to coordinate thier uploads of different trains. Yet the same photog can upload very slightly different shots of the same train from the same location and there's no problem.

[photoid=317194]
[photoid=317829]
[photoid=323123]

[photoid=314080]
[photoid=314047]

[photoid=327866]
[photoid=327032]

[photoid=325572]
[photoid=325258]
[photoid=325222]

MDH 06-28-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblaz (Post 116782)

There are certain charter attendees that are notorious for posting almost every angle as soon as they get home. For someone helping putting the charter together, I'm glad that the charter gets recognition almost as soon as it's over. At the same time, by the time I get home and get my shots downloaded, there's usually 30-50 shots already added, so the shots end up sitting on my hard drive.

- Chris

I was only out there one day (Friday) for the all day ride and night photo and didn't get back to Ohio until yesterday afternoon. Given how many shots have already been thrown up here (and the event just ended yesterday) I'll probably sit on what I'd have otherwise uploaded for a while and the only thing I've added so far was something "unplanned" that I doubt anyone else has:

[photoid=329612]

So I understand where you're coming from.

Michael

troy12n 06-28-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 116800)
We're told that seperate photogs need to coordinate thier uploads of different trains. Yet the same photog can upload very slightly different shots of the same train from the same location and there's no problem.

Hope you got a flame retardant jacket...

Mgoldman 06-28-2010 10:45 PM

BRING 'EM ON - the more the merrier.

How can you have "the <I>best</I> railroad photos on the 'net!" if you only accept the first photos on the 'net?

/Mitch

Ween 06-29-2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgoldman (Post 116817)
BRING 'EM ON - the more the merrier.

How can you have "the best railroad photos on the 'net!" if you only accept the first photos on the 'net?

/Mitch

^^^Like 4/7th's of his name...gold.