RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Scanners Anyone? (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2924)

Pat Lorenz 12-01-2005 11:29 PM

Scanners Anyone?

I need some help with choosing a Slide scanner. I have already tried a piece of junk primefilm scanner, so i want something that will give me results. I was looking for something $400 or under. So far the best one i have heard of was the Minolta 5400 Elite II. But that is a bit more than i want to spend @ $580. I am really interested in the Konica Minolta DiMAGE Scan Dual IV, 3200dpi, 35mm, Film Scanner. Does anyone have this one? How do you like it?

Or does anyone have a film scanner that they are really happy with, that you think i should know about? I just dont want to be dissapointed again.
Thanks,
PAT

MOJAX 12-01-2005 11:54 PM

Great question, as I have stopped attempting to upload until I can get the scanning down. I'm in the same boat too.

Pat Lorenz 12-02-2005 12:57 AM

Well i have been taking my slides and getting them scanned to a cd. This is a lot of preparation work for me, it is also a lot of trips. Getting them scanned is also starting to get expensive. So i figure if i spend a couple hundred dollars now, it will save me alot of money in the long run. So does anyone have any good suggestions?

rpalmer 12-02-2005 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Lorenz
I am really interested in the Konica Minolta DiMAGE Scan Dual IV, 3200dpi, 35mm, Film Scanner. Does anyone have this one? How do you like it?

Yep. I have one and I think it's a great scanner for the money. If you'd like to see a scan that it produced, simply go to the main page and look at the current POTW.

ssw9662 12-02-2005 04:30 PM

How much do these scanners go for? I am in the same situation as Pat and I have literally hundreds of slides I'd like to scan (I have mine scanned at a local camera shop at the moment, but that is rather expensive).

rpalmer 12-02-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssw9662
How much do these scanners go for? I am in the same situation as Pat and I have literally hundreds of slides I'd like to scan (I have mine scanned at a local camera shop at the moment, but that is rather expensive).

Just checked Amazon.com, and they've got that model on sale for $227.99 with the option for free shipping. A REAL bargain !!!

dsktc 12-02-2005 10:16 PM

Hold on there, Rob. You mean you didn't take that
gorgeous photo with your 20D?!

Dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpalmer
Yep. I have one and I think it's a great scanner for the money. If you'd like to see a scan that it produced, simply go to the main page and look at the current POTW.

Joe the Photog 12-02-2005 11:22 PM

He wouldn't have needed a way back machine to take that photo with his 20D...... 12 years or so before 20Ds came out. But I do think that eventually a time machine will be something every railfan has!

Joe H.

dsktc 12-02-2005 11:32 PM

Duh. You are right, Joe. I wasn't paying attention to the year.

Dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog
He wouldn't have needed a way back machine to take that photo with his 20D...... 12 years or so before 20Ds came out. But I do think that eventually a time machine will be something every railfan has!

Joe H.

brunswickrailfan 12-03-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsktc

Dave

Everyone knows film is bettar. :-P

rpalmer 12-03-2005 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsktc

Dave

It seems that you weren't the only one. Most of the comments on the photo mention how nice it is to see 4 SD40-2's together. In 1992, that wasn't too hard, since CP was still many years away from their first GE AC4400CW order.