RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Welcome to Marion, Ohio! (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13954)

BrandonT 05-18-2011 02:27 AM

Welcome to Marion, Ohio!
 
Being one of Marion's regulars, I've seen all the crazies that rome around the tracks. Here's one that is worthy of representing Marion's finest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9LLVQ9BEJE

When in Marion at night:
- Keep the station in sight when in that area
- DO NOT go to Silver Street (that's bad enough during the day) :x
- Keep your cameras and cell phones ready in case another drunk guy gets nailed
- Don't get too drunk at the Shovel Restaurant ;-)

...But don't let this scare you away from this wonderful town. It really is a great place! :)

Hatchetman 05-18-2011 01:41 PM

I have to go to Marion about once/year. Where would be the easiest/safest place to spend an hour or so looking for trains? I gotta admit Marion looks like it has seen much better days.

JimThias 05-18-2011 03:23 PM

The comments to the video are almost better than the video. :lol: YouTube has created a cesspool of idiots posting useless crap with horrendous grammar and spelling.

JRMDC 05-18-2011 04:25 PM

The other videos that come up with that one are interesting also. It appears that in Marion one has fun by fighting each other at a mall while someone else videos.

Is my son going to do this when he gets older?

Hatchetman 05-18-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRMDC (Post 137675)
Is my son going to do this when he gets older?

Only if you move to Marion, Ohio.

gbrozny 05-19-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatchetman (Post 137665)
I have to go to Marion about once/year. Where would be the easiest/safest place to spend an hour or so looking for trains? I gotta admit Marion looks like it has seen much better days.


The station on Center St is a good spot, your in between both diamonds, so you can see all the traffic for the 3 lines that pass through town.

troy12n 05-21-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRMDC (Post 137675)
The other videos that come up with that one are interesting also. It appears that in Marion one has fun by fighting each other at a mall while someone else videos.

Is my son going to do this when he gets older?

You could find much better video material than this if you went down to Anacostia or SE DC

AntD. 07-13-2011 07:48 PM

All it took was my Pops (LEO) telling me what it means in prison for me to not ever do it! Heck his stories of what's happened to his offenders in the pin is enough to keep me out for good!

Andrew Blaszczyk (2) 07-15-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 137672)
The comments to the video are almost better than the video. :lol: YouTube has created a cesspool of idiots posting useless crap with horrendous grammar and spelling.

Definitely!

"For alot of you people info he was one of the best rappers in Marion, Ohio. He may still be one of the best in this boring ass town."

LMAO!!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.