RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   35mmguy update (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13754)

35mmguy 04-05-2011 04:22 AM

35mmguy update
 
Couple things have happened since I was last here.

My digital Rebel took a vacation and is getting a shutter replaced. Meanwhile I upgraded to this stuff.

http://www.guvmentcheese.com/jd0gg/photos/img_0287s.jpg


5D Classic, 24-105 f4L IS, 70-200 f4L IS. the other two bodies are 35mm's I've had, as well as the 50 1.8

And I just picked up a 540ez flash. I'm dedicating Friday to railfanning all day with this to see what it does. So far, test photos are ridiculously impressive. Tack F'in sharp.

milwman 04-05-2011 09:12 AM

Nice, Now you will need blue sky to go with it. Night shots! try some with the 5D.

35mmguy 04-05-2011 06:03 PM

I was out last night 4am caught 3 trains back to back here including a 5-diesel power move, the sides of the diesels are reflective and I have two flashes here so I tried a time lapse and then flashed the lead diesel, too dark. I was at f22 on the 24-105 think I'm going to do f8 and hold an ND-4 in front of it for the gate drop then remove it for the locomotive. we'll see how it comes out this weekend, but I found my new night spot last night.

troy12n 04-05-2011 07:56 PM

You need to sell those film cameras and that 50/1.8

Holloran Grade 04-05-2011 09:14 PM

Who is going to buy that?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 134857)
You need to sell those film cameras and that 50/1.8

To who, or whom?

troy12n 04-05-2011 10:23 PM

I'm sure there's some sucker out there

mark woody 04-06-2011 12:53 AM

I'm sure there is a thread on here about what gear everyone has but here goes anyway.

An aluminium case with foam cut by electric carving knife holds:

Canon 450D
EF18-55 on camera
EF50-f1.8
EF70-200 L f4
EF24-105 L f4
Remote release
Batteries
Spare cards
Cleanig gear and charger
Safety vest
Most important reading material containing ones published photos [not the cover shot though]
Note book and pens

Helmet, safety boots and tripod carried separately

trainboysd40 04-06-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 134857)
You need to sell those film cameras and that 50/1.8

I'd say the price of selling them would be more than the price of keeping them, as it were...you ever tried to sell a film camera? Not worth it.

Chris Z 04-06-2011 02:27 AM

I recently found a bunch of Kodachrome 64 in the freezer. I wonder if someone would be willing to buy that?

Chris Z

Joe the Photog 04-06-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trainboysd40 (Post 134877)
I'd say the price of selling them would be more than the price of keeping them, as it were...you ever tried to sell a film camera? Not worth it.

Seriously consider a small school whose art department might seriously need a contribution. There's a school somewhere about to get my old Elan 7, 300D and maybe even the XTi with a few lens thrown in.

Freericks 04-06-2011 02:43 AM

I still have every camera I've ever owned, down to the Kodak knock-off off-brand 126 Instamatic I got in 1970.

Watain 04-06-2011 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freericks (Post 134881)
I still have every camera I've ever owned, down to the Kodak knock-off off-brand 126 Instamatic I got in 1970.

I'm working on my collection. ;) Pentax K-100, Olympus D-490(P&S), and an HP something, little silver P&S. And now my Nikon D80, my first DSLR, ''retired'' for the most part..

JimThias 04-06-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 134863)
To who, or whom?

Your or you're? ;-)

trainboysd40 04-06-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Z (Post 134879)
I recently found a bunch of Kodachrome 64 in the freezer. I wonder if someone would be willing to buy that?

Chris Z

Maybe in 20 years. It's an investment!

35mmguy 04-10-2011 01:52 AM

you're asking a user by the name of "35mmguy" to sell his 35mm film cameras. yeah not happening. :D

got some test shots, about to post up.

Northern Limits 04-10-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35mmguy (Post 135049)
you're asking a user by the name of "35mmguy" to sell his 35mm film cameras. yeah not happening. :D

Some people :lol:
I was actually planning on using my Elan II more this summer.
I find film is great on outdoor people shots - no white pixels with no information 8-)
But you can't beat digital for this website.

trainboysd40 04-11-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Limits (Post 135065)
Some people :lol:
I was actually planning on using my Elan II more this summer.
I find film is great on outdoor people shots - no white pixels with no information 8-) .

Just those annoying little dust spots that you can NEVER GET RID OF, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY! http://www.getsmileyface.com/new/angry/23.gif

35mmguy 04-13-2011 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trainboysd40 (Post 135117)
Just those annoying little dust spots that you can NEVER GET RID OF, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY! http://www.getsmileyface.com/new/angry/23.gif

omg this. the 5D has a teeny spot on the upper left i can see it on a landscape shot with sky. going to take it in and get it cleaned. i see nothing on the sensor

trainboysd40 04-13-2011 05:31 AM

Do you have a blower?

JimThias 04-13-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35mmguy (Post 135270)
omg this. the 5D has a teeny spot on the upper left i can see it on a landscape shot with sky. going to take it in and get it cleaned. i see nothing on the sensor

Clean it yourself and save lots of money. People who owns DSLRs should not be afraid to clean the sensor. It's so pathetically easy that anyone who spends (wastes) money to have it done by a camera shop is http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ilies/nuts.gif...IMO.

If you can learn to wipe your ass as a child, you can certainly learn to wipe the sensor of your camera as an adult.

lock4244 04-13-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 135306)
If you can learn to wipe your ass as a child, you can certainly learn to wipe the sensor of your camera as an adult.

:twisted:

I agree, best to clean it yourself. Sending it off will be a reoccurring thing... you don't take the car to the dealer when you run low on fuel, right? My style and equipment means I changes lenses about 15 times a day, so sensor dust is a real issue for a non-self cleaner (D200), and even my self cleaning D300 needs a wipe once in a while.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.