RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hey Pittsburgh people - is this real??? (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10665)

MDH 09-04-2009 02:22 AM

Hey Pittsburgh people - is this real???

Really?!?

[photoid=295947]

Michael

Freericks 09-04-2009 02:36 AM

Oh... so curious... whichever way this goes.

asis80 09-04-2009 03:01 AM

If so holy crap! If John Ireland is still poking around here, or Brad or BurghMan, they'd probably have more insight on it. But what is your question in particular?

Ben

asis80 09-04-2009 03:18 AM

Looks like the AVR is running through trains over W&LE Pittsburgh from the West. In which that line runs to Connellsville, in WHICH the SWP interchanges there. I don't know if all these run throughs are heading for the SWP or not, yoru guess is as good as mine. I'm just trying to decipher both photo descriptions. Where the run throughs are coming from the west, I don't know. Must be coming southwest of New Castle. Because if they didn't, they could run Pittsburgh Sub to Connellsville. Don't know, like I said John, Brad, or Burghman will be of better help, I'm just going off of the photo descriptions.

Ben

Freericks 09-04-2009 04:56 AM

Someone commented on the bottom about a movie shoot. That could make sense.

asis80 09-04-2009 05:04 AM

Could, who knows. I'm out of the loop with the AVR, haven't really done any 'fanning of it at all, just the interchange it makes at Island Avenue. I never got into the Wheeling until recently when a few of my friends around here suggested it, and I'm glad I did. Great shots can be had with the Wheeling. Really a great railroad to shoot, just too bad that the WLE doesn't run as often as it did a few months ago. But with these AVR run throughs, that may change......

Ben

jdirelan87 09-04-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freericks (Post 98475)

I haven't been online since right after said picture was uploaded. I can't believe everybody has been left dangling for so long! It would be pretty rude to hold out, so I guess I'll break the silence.

Above statement is true. For whatever reason everybody is being really hush hush about the whole thing, so I'm not gonna get anybody in trouble by saying anything more (also doesn't hurt that its my last day in PGH and I won't catch any flak over this 2500+ miles away 8) )

MDH 09-04-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdirelan87 (Post 98479)
I haven't been online since right after said picture was uploaded. I can't believe everybody has been left dangling for so long! It would be pretty rude to hold out, so I guess I'll break the silence.

Above statement is true. For whatever reason everybody is being really hush hush about the whole thing, so I'm not gonna get anybody in trouble by saying anything more (also doesn't hurt that its my last day in PGH and I won't catch any flak over this 2500+ miles away 8) )

AHHHH!!! that makes sense - check out the following:

Movie filming in Brewster, OH

That's a great shot though to catch those "in transit" to or from Brewster (isn't the rest of the filming going to be on a shortline in PA? WNYP was posted elsewhere as another filming location.)

Now the part that cracks me up is that the movie is based on the CSX 8888 runaway that happened years ago from Toledo so not only has it moved from Western Ohio flatlands to hill country but the "starring" SD40-2 has morphed into a Wide-cab GE with a wild paint scheme! :lol:

Michael

nikos1 09-04-2009 02:08 PM

Are there really that many spare AC44's that they can be used for film making? Seems a bit absurd that they would rent a AC44 instead of a old SD40 for much less.

UCRP93 09-04-2009 11:38 PM

The movie "Unstoppable" is being filmed on Wheeling & Lake Erie property. As to my knowledge, a couple of locomotives, and ORHS passenger cars will be used in the movie scenes. The movie will include a runaway train. That might be what these units are.

Just my $0.02

steambrake 09-05-2009 12:15 AM

This film stars Chris Pine (of Star Trek fame) and Denzel Washington...and is being directed by Tony Scott -who also directed the remake of The Taking of Pelham 123...

Stephen

PLEzero 09-05-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freericks (Post 98475)

I can't comment any further than that. 8)

Photoshooter09 09-05-2009 01:31 AM

Yeah, WNYP and as for the "other PA shortline" I cannot comment on that, my speach and photography (first hand) is under an NDA at this time. TheRoadForeman may spill the beans, but, I will not!

JimThias 09-05-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoshooter09 (Post 98517)
TheRoadForeman may spill the beans, but, I will not!

He doesn't post here any more.

Photoshooter09 09-05-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLEzero (Post 98516)

Right! Like you are under NDA or something!

Photoshooter09 09-05-2009 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 98518)
He doesn't post here any more.

Oh? I was not aware of that! Guess you guys are in the dark then!! Too bad, good guy Kevin is, we talk on occassion.

PLEzero 09-05-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoshooter09 (Post 98519)
Right! Like you are under NDA or something!

You're so cool! :roll:

Photoshooter09 09-05-2009 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLEzero (Post 98522)
You're so cool! :roll:

How so? Unless you work for the railroad or, film company I highly doubt that you are under any NDA to talk about the "details". So, cough it up or, stay quiet. Quite simple, isn't it? :roll:

MDH 09-05-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLEzero (Post 98516)

So what - you guys got "hush money" or special access and now you can't say anything or they'll shoot you? :lol:

...like some railfans taking pictures of the "movie train" is gonna have a gnat's @$$ impact on the outcome/marketing/sales of this movie... http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1998.gif

Michael

Or maybe rp.net is really the determinent of everything and they're deathly afraid of their "pretty" choo-choo's being unveiled too soon! :shock:

(please note the humor/sarcasm in all this!)

Photoshooter09 09-05-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDH (Post 98525)
So what - you guys got "hush money" or special access and now you can't say anything or they'll shoot you? :lol:

...like some railfans taking pictures of the "movie train" is gonna have a gnat's @$$ impact on the outcome/marketing/sales of this movie... http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1998.gif

Michael

Or maybe rp.net is really the determinent of everything and they're deathly afraid of their "pretty" choo-choo's being unveiled too soon! :shock:

<please note the humor/sarcasm in all this!>

They didn't, the film companies would not allow it!

Freericks 09-05-2009 01:59 AM

Well, I'm sure the studio frankly couldn't give a rat's ass... but the local production folk who did all the hard work getting those units painted and prepped are probably pretty annoyed.

Joe the Photog 09-05-2009 03:11 AM

Wow, Photoshooter, you're so cool. I sure wish I could stand next to you one day or something so your coolness might slip off on me.

jdirelan87 09-05-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoshooter09 (Post 98524)
How so? Unless you work for the railroad or, film company I highly doubt that you are under any NDA to talk about the "details". So, cough it up or, stay quiet. Quite simple, isn't it? :roll:

Look out internet tough guy 8-)

Joe the Photog 09-05-2009 12:58 PM

Here are two more shots, side angles, of the 777.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=1739016
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...spx?id=1739015

trainmaster_1 09-05-2009 03:21 PM

Looks like one of two CP AC4400's painted up in that movie paint scheme, trying to find out what there road numbers are.

EDIT : They are CP 9758 and CP 9777.