RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Troy, you and others have been called out... (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14305)

Freericks 09-10-2011 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Flanary (Post 142039)
...There's chronological age and mental age. He's 50 and 12, respectively.

Wait - that describes me perfectly!

troy12n 09-10-2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freericks (Post 142040)
Wait - that describes me perfectly!

I'm at least 15 mentally

khalucha 09-10-2011 02:24 PM

He changed the setting back to "open" it looks like if anyone wants to read the latest rants.

bigbassloyd 09-10-2011 03:41 PM

You're all part of the problem, in case you're wondering. If there's no publicity, then there's no promotion of the cause. I dare say Dan is a bit smarter then you all are thinking.

So please keep posting. Dare I say just copy / paste every thread on his facebook group here as he types them. It's obviously important enough to keep going. Maybe a direct link to there from the homepage? Maybe an award system where you get front page time when he links one of your shots? This IS important enough to warrant all this attention right?

Please don't let this thread die now. It's so important. Dan is fully deserving of this attention. It is a huge crisis when you're singled out on his page. Maybe start a "I hate Dan because he hates me" rebuttal site?

Please.. let this go... stop giving him what he apparently wants. It's not going to ruin your life if one person types a bad comment about you or your photo, and 5 people agree with him.

Or you can hate me for what I've typed. I promise I won't be starting up a webpage about it.

Loyd L.

Freericks 09-10-2011 04:12 PM

Loyd - more than 50% of the posts in here are from people who honestly couldn't give a damn - but do like to have fun.

:-)

In all seriousness though, I'm not going to modify my behavior one iota for anyone. If some random fool gets some joy out of my making a post, I have no control over that and don't care.

troy12n 09-10-2011 04:35 PM

Loyd is right, as much as we wont admit it, he is feeding off this thread. Even though I find the whole thing entertaining, it would likely piss him off more if we just ignored him.

Joe the Photog 09-10-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 142051)
You're all part of the problem.....

I know, I know. It's like the old sayinh that you should never wrestle with a pig in the mud, You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

troy12n 09-10-2011 07:59 PM

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim, da, do, da, do...

mp16dot39 09-11-2011 12:40 AM

Im not part of his group, but I do check up on it probably once a day just to see what he's after. He called on one of my shots, but I actually agree with him on how it probably shouldnt have been accepted lol. We're all just feeding the troll with this thread, and as much as its entertaining talking about him and how he is wrong almost all the time, it's just more of a motivation for him to continue posting on his group. Id say just ignore him and he'll get the message that we truly dont care.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill

Joe the Photog 09-11-2011 01:58 AM

But, Troy, we know what happened to Jim in the end....

troy12n 09-11-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 142079)
But, Troy, we know what happened to Jim in the end....

Yea, that was too bad wasn't it :p

Holloran Grade 09-11-2011 05:31 AM

I hate you.

BarrySr 09-25-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 141718)
Why are the crazy people so enamorate of all things EMD?:confused:

Ohhhh, that's cherry. I've been sayin' that for decades now....:roll:

chuckman 10-16-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAMR159 (Post 141691)
People like this are why I've basically into hiding in recent years. I avoid most other railfans like the plague, going so far as to just drive right past a location if another railfan is already there, or completely ignoring others during some of the bigger chases. Some consider me to be an asshole for these actions, but I've run into enough people in this hobby who are a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. I mean, it's just a hobby -- we take photos of trains because we enjoy it...and yet so much artificial drama, competitiveness, overinflated egos, and some who are just completely off their rocker always seem to creep into the mix. The whole thing has started to feel like high school revisited for me, and I don't mean that in a good way...

Well, I can say that some areas have more annoying people than others. When I spent a little time over in Kansas City, every railfan I ran into was pleasant and fun to converse with trackside, same with Altoona. Out in Rawchesta and Buffalo where we are, the population of idiots seems to be multiplying every day...

chuckman 10-16-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mp16dot39 (Post 142074)
Im not part of his group, but I do check up on it probably once a day just to see what he's after. He called on one of my shots, but I actually agree with him on how it probably shouldnt have been accepted lol. We're all just feeding the troll with this thread, and as much as its entertaining talking about him and how he is wrong almost all the time, it's just more of a motivation for him to continue posting on his group. Id say just ignore him and he'll get the message that we truly dont care.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill

I think this is now up to 7 pages now...enough. I don't know much about this clown, but he sounds like someone that needs attention, and like Bill said, we're giving it to him on a silver platter. I think this is the third or fourth hate thread I've seen about him now too...if you're seeing this "rat", you've got the attention you were begging for! :evil:

JRMDC 10-16-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckman (Post 143385)
I think this is now up to 7 pages now...enough. I don't know much about this clown, but he sounds like someone that needs attention, and like Bill said, we're giving it to him on a silver platter. I think this is the third or fourth hate thread I've seen about him now too...if you're seeing this "rat", you've got the attention you were begging for! :evil:

You revive a thread that was dormant for almost two weeks to tell everyone else "enough"? Odd behavior. Not rat-style odd, but odd nonetheless. Or just a massive brain hiccup.

Thanks for handing out "attention" on a "silver platter"!

troy12n 10-16-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRMDC (Post 143386)
You revive a thread that was dormant for almost two weeks to tell everyone else "enough"? Odd behavior. Not rat-style odd, but odd nonetheless. Or just a massive brain hiccup.

Thanks for handing out "attention" on a "silver platter"!

I had just about forgotten about this, and went and looked at it again, he has such an unhealthy dislike of Chase and a couple other people here. What a bitter guy. He has apparently moved on to calling out rejected photos too. :rolleyes:

trainmaster_1 10-16-2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 143387)
I had just about forgotten about this, and went and looked at it again, he has such an unhealthy dislike of Chase and a couple other people here. What a bitter guy. He has apparently moved on to calling out rejected photos too. :rolleyes:

And who cares.........:roll:

Greg P 10-16-2011 04:44 AM

He actually has a picture of Chase...

Holloran Grade 10-16-2011 07:39 AM

Dan the man.

I like it when Dan bags on one of my shots, that means "I" am relevant.

Oh Dan, I am out shooting 3/4 wedgies with lot-a-poles in them just for you!:D