RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   SEC owns college football (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13351)

troy12n 01-11-2011 04:23 AM

SEC owns college football

Congrats to Auburn for winning tonight. It was a better game than I thought it would be, Oregon gave quite a fight, although the score and ending was a lot closer than it should have been. It would have been over had it not been for that fumble.

Anyway, SEC 5 in a row national Champs and 6 out of the last 8 and 9 out of 14 total since they started the BCS.

bigbassloyd 01-11-2011 03:02 PM

You should work for ESPN.

Loyd L.

barnstormer 01-11-2011 05:16 PM

You are right Troy. I am not happy at all that Auburn won and I am even more unhappy that the SEC has dominated like that. It didn't used to be like that.

troy12n 01-11-2011 11:42 PM

It didnt used to be like that because before the BCS, the national champ was picked by a bunch of stuffy newspaper guys who worked for the AP and had HUGE Big 10 and Pac 10 bias.

Plus the SEC teams beat the hell out of each other and would never end up undefeated. They figured out eventually that you had to schedule some cupcakes in there to even things out.

barnstormer 01-12-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 128641)
It didnt used to be like that because before the BCS, the national champ was picked by a bunch of stuffy newspaper guys who worked for the AP and had HUGE Big 10 and Pac 10 bias.

Plus the SEC teams beat the hell out of each other and would never end up undefeated. They figured out eventually that you had to schedule some cupcakes in there to even things out.

Are you saying that the BCS is better than it used to be? I personally like the idea of a playoff better.

JimThias 01-12-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 128542)
SEC owns college football

It boggles my mind why an athlete who is able to pick where he wants to go wouldn't pick a warm climate. In my mind, SEC teams or any from the south should completely dominate sports in all categories (perhaps except hockey. ;-) )

Forget the "tradition" of some of these northern schools. Go where the weather and the women are hot to play ball! :lol:

barnstormer 01-12-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 128700)
It boggles my mind why an athlete who is able to pick where he wants to go wouldn't pick a warm climate. In my mind, SEC teams or any from the south should completely dominate sports in all categories (perhaps except hockey. ;-) )

Forget the "tradition" of some of these northern schools. Go where the weather and the women are hot to play ball! :lol:

Coming from an avid sports fan. :)

milwman 01-12-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 128641)

Big Ten had a bad year this year but that wont last so watch out :lol:

barnstormer 01-12-2011 09:49 PM

I feel Big Twelve power coming back. Watch out for Ok. State in the title game next year. 8-)

troy12n 01-13-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milwman (Post 128712)
Big Ten had a bad year this year but that wont last so watch out :lol:

Ohio state finally got around to breaking their 4 year SEC losing streak. I would not expect too much out the big 10, even with Nebraska. This isnt the 1960's anymore.

milwman 01-13-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 128774)
Ohio state finally got around to breaking their 4 year SEC losing streak. I would not expect too much out the big 10, even with Nebraska. This isnt the 1960's anymore.

Winning teams get the best players it seams, Iowa gets good ones most years and can hold there owen in most games as far as the other bigten teams going south for the bowl games and not winning has a lot to do with the weather or how bad it is up North somewhat and not getting out side to play as much has a lot to do with it.

IHapsias 01-22-2011 01:09 AM

I think PITT should do well this following season with the new coach.

Freericks 01-22-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 128700)

Okay... so why go to the humidity and mosquitoes either?

By your theory, USC should be the best football program in the country... oh wait...