RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   This image is so bad that it doesn't even get a reason for rejection (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18061)

amtrak07t 02-27-2018 04:50 AM

This image is so bad that it doesn't even get a reason for rejection
 
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...45&key=1387110

I suppose the screener forgot to check the cloudy day / common angle box...or a site glitch.

I've never seen this happen before. Has anyone else had this?

amtrak07t 02-27-2018 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://forums.railpictures.net/attac...1&d=1519710947

amtrak07t 02-27-2018 04:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I attached a picture here.

Micha01 02-27-2018 11:02 AM

Hi Amtrak07t

yes, i had already, i guessed what the reject reason might be and tried to fix it, but got again a reject without reason. In the meantime i got one in and anotherone got a reject with reason, but I don' t remeber excatly. After that, the without reason rejected Picture got again a reject without a reason. I'm not sure, but i think i finally could bring it into the database.

Have a nice day
Micha

miningcamper1 02-27-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtrak07t (Post 193474)
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...45&key=1387110

I suppose the screener forgot to check the cloudy day / common angle box...or a site glitch.

I've never seen this happen before. Has anyone else had this?

It happens occasionally.

The photo is too dark IMO. Even if you brighten it, a cloudy/common rejection is possible. Shallow depth of field may also work against you. Nothing to lose though, unless you have lots of rejections.

bigbassloyd 02-27-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtrak07t (Post 193474)
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...45&key=1387110

I suppose the screener forgot to check the cloudy day / common angle box...or a site glitch.

I've had it happen once before, I recall it being a screener error as they can reject a photo without selecting a reason (or used to).

I wouldn't suggest an appeal though. There's a few reasons it could have been rejected for.

Loyd L.

amtrak07t 02-27-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 193484)
I've had it happen once before, I recall it being a screener error as they can reject a photo without selecting a reason (or used to).

I wouldn't suggest an appeal though. There's a few reasons it could have been rejected for.

Loyd L.

It was one of those pictures that I found a few minutes before 1am (I guess 12AM for Railpictures local time) and thought I'd just send it just to do it.

I decided to appeal it just to say "hey, you forgot the rejection." (And have them comment back "too dark and cloudy" or something) To my astonishment, they took it.
Weird. [photoid=649807]

amtrak07t 02-27-2018 04:59 PM

Oh, and I'd be content if it was rejected. I just thought it was kind of strange to see no reason listed��

Greg P 02-27-2018 07:22 PM

I've noticed they seem to enjoy cloudy day shots of PA/OH.

chris crook 02-27-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg P (Post 193490)
I've noticed they seem to enjoy cloudy day shots of PA/OH.

That's because that is all we get.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.