RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you think they saw each other ? (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17809)

Daniel SIMON 10-24-2016 06:20 AM

Do you think they saw each other ?

Do you think they saw each other ? :)

[photoid=593535]

[photoid=593541]

spacetrain1983 10-24-2016 02:05 PM

I think they're the exact same picture.

Mberry 10-24-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacetrain1983 (Post 189639)
I think they're the exact same picture.

They're not, the EXIF data shows that they are separate photos taken on two separate camera's.

Decapod401 10-24-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mberry (Post 189641)
They're not, the EXIF data shows that they are separate photos taken on two separate camera's.

And you have pointed out that the long-broken EXIF feature is once again working!

JimThias 10-24-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mberry (Post 189641)

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious. :)

Rene de Vries 10-24-2016 02:28 PM

It is not exactly the same picture... almost though..

Look at the shadow (of the catenary pole) on the first car.
With Peters picture, the shadow "hits" the second window, with Davids picture, it is positioned between the second and the third window..

Having said that, they were standing next to one another (could not have been more than a few feet between the two of them).
Oddly enough the picture that is too bright, has too much saturation, where the sharpness leaves a lot to be desired and where the watermark is far too big was favorited 8 times.
The better (darker) picture was only favorited 3 times...

Kind regards

René

JimThias 10-24-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rene de Vries (Post 189644)

With Peters picture, the shadow "hits" the second window, with Davids picture, it is positioned between the second and the third window..

Rene de Vries 10-24-2016 02:33 PM

I actually don't think that whoever spacetrain1983 is (I like it when people use real names by the way) was being sarcastic... his post did not have an emoticon (and as you know, nowadays you always use an emoticon if you want to express whatever emotion it is you want to express) :-)

See what I did there...

Mberry 10-24-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 189643)

I'm thinking not, but could be.

Mberry 10-24-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decapod401 (Post 189642)
And you have pointed out that the long-broken EXIF feature is once again working!

Yep, didn't work for me just a week or two ago...

spacetrain1983 10-24-2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rene de Vries (Post 189646)
I actually don't think that whoever spacetrain1983 is (I like it when people use real names by the way) was being sarcastic... his post did not have an emoticon (and as you know, nowadays you always use an emoticon if you want to express whatever emotion it is you want to express) :-)

See what I did there...

I was not joking. Also, on my RP profile, I entered my name, but apparently it hasn't shown up.

RobJor 10-25-2016 12:35 AM

Obviously not the same photos, not even the same town.
(do I need an emotion?)

On these photos I do pay attention to the descriptions, I didn't think it was necessary to point out the cars are not authentic, ie pseudo, ie ----

Bob

JimThias 10-25-2016 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacetrain1983 (Post 189652)
I was not joking.

You couldn't tell that they were obviously different photos? :shock: (I've got you covered, Bob)

Noct Foamer 10-25-2016 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rene de Vries (Post 189644)

Having said that, they were standing next to one another (could not have been more than a few feet between the two of them).

I agree. The timing was about a second apart. My guess is two buddies out chasing trains. They very obviously were standing together.

Kent in SD

RobJor 10-25-2016 05:15 PM

[photoid=593822]

A little off on a tangent.
Maybe not a lot of room for standing together. I see these and wonder how they were built way back and what it took to get to the location for the photo. I find it interesting to look at photographers prior photos and see he was all over and through a long time period, very nice. For me part of the really positive side of RP's.

Bob Jordan

John Russell - NZ 10-25-2016 07:56 PM

I've seen plenty of just as similar photos on Flickr. One steam special in Holland (I think) had a car stupidly parked in the frame in photos from 3 different photographers and my bet is that they were all in that car together and rushed to grab same shot. To be expected with such events and I don't mind the choice in the case in point. I favorited David's photo probably because it was the first I viewed but I do agree with Rene.

Pkwlsn 10-26-2016 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 189660)
[photoid=593822]

A little off on a tangent.
Maybe not a lot of room for standing together. I see these and wonder how they were built way back and what it took to get to the location for the photo. I find it interesting to look at photographers prior photos and see he was all over and through a long time period, very nice. For me part of the really positive side of RP's.

Bob Jordan

If only people would actually use the map function to tag their photos.

troy12n 10-27-2016 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pkwlsn (Post 189665)
If only people would actually use the map function to tag their photos.

Every single one of my photos is map tagged. I did a few per night till I went back and did them all

John West 10-27-2016 03:50 AM

Missed opportunity

Too bad one of the pictures didn't get rejected (for some reason other than similar to previous), we could have had a ball with that.

bigbassloyd 10-27-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 189666)
Every single one of my photos is map tagged. I did a few per night till I went back and did them all

Mine are as well. Even the ones that nobody else has a shot of getting.. :D

Loyd L.

JimThias 10-28-2016 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy12n (Post 189666)

I started to do it a couple of years ago to my photos already in the database, but then I got bored after doing a dozen or so. I'm just not motivated enough.

John Russell - NZ 10-30-2016 08:26 AM

Map tagging photos

How do you map tag photos?

Rene de Vries 10-30-2016 09:49 AM

Hey John,

just click on "link to photos" under members and select "set map location" next to the picture...

Cheers

René

JimThias 10-31-2016 10:11 PM

So the question is now, do you tag where you were standing for the shot, or where the train was?

Pkwlsn 10-31-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 189685)
So the question is now, do you tag where you were standing for the shot, or where the train was?

I've had this debate with myself several times and am not convinced that one way or the other is better. I tend to tag my photos in the place that I feel would most help others to get similar shots.