RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Excited...but Hesitant (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9129)

blueeyeddevil06 02-18-2009 11:55 PM

Excited...but Hesitant
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys!
Ok, I have this picture that I am really excited about because it is completely different for me but I'm hesitant to post it because of there not being enough sun. I'm not even sure if it is a "common composition". I've been looking and looking and I'm at a loss. Opinions would be wonderful, thank you. Should I just put it away?

Thanks to all!

M.L.Gabert 02-19-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueeyeddevil06 (Post 82953)
Opinions would be wonderful, thank you. Should I just put it away?


Well it's backlit, sky's washed out and poor cropping (can't see much of the foreground unit). On the other hand if it was HDR, looked like a painting with watercolor balloons in the sky, it would make a PC award.

JimThias 02-19-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.L.Gabert (Post 82956)
On the other hand if it was HDR, looked like a painting with watercolor balloons in the sky, it would make a PC award.

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/16.gif

blueeyeddevil06 02-19-2009 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by M.L.Gabert (Post 82956)
Well it's backlit, sky's washed out and poor cropping (can't see much of the foreground unit). On the other hand if it was HDR, looked like a painting with watercolor balloons in the sky, it would make a PC award.

I have this one too but I'm not so sure it's much better....

stevenmwelch 02-19-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueeyeddevil06 (Post 82961)
I have this one too but I'm not so sure it's much better....

Looks somewhat HDRey, it should get an ever so elusive EP. :D

M.L.Gabert 02-19-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueeyeddevil06 (Post 82961)
I have this one too but I'm not so sure it's much better....

I think they'll still reject it on backlit/nose too dark, and that switch machine cabinet is to distracting. Sorry Jen

Ween 02-19-2009 12:21 AM

I'd let it go...bad lighting and a blown out sky...

blueeyeddevil06 02-19-2009 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm really sorry but I have no clue what HDR and EC mean....lol! It could be something to do with my processing........Sorry!!!! lolll

But I'm thinking it's a "put it away" unfortunately. :(
Thanks for the opinions though...I have a different photo that can use an opinion while I'm at it though! lol

JimThias 02-19-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueeyeddevil06 (Post 82961)
I have this one too but I'm not so sure it's much better....

Poor lighting. Poor image quality. Distracting foreground objects. Blurry.

I see what you were trying to do there, but the lighting just isn't the best. Plus, it might have worked out a little better had you taken a few steps to the left to avoid the foreground obstruction in front of the loco.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueeyeddevil06 (Post 82966)
I'm really sorry but I have no clue what HDR and EC mean....lol! It could be something to do with my processing........Sorry!!!! lolll

But I'm thinking it's a "put it away" unfortunately. :(

HDR = High Dynamic Range
EC = Editor's Choice

M.L.Gabert 02-19-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenmwelch (Post 82963)
Looks somewhat HDRey, it should get an ever so elusive EC. :D

Steven your crackin' me up, I think that other thread on HDR rose my BP at least 30+ points.:cry:

blueeyeddevil06 02-19-2009 12:29 AM

Sorry, made an edit up there but not soon enough! You guys are QUICK! lol

stevenmwelch 02-19-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.L.Gabert (Post 82969)
Steven your crackin' me up, I think that other thread on HDR rose my BP at least 30+ points.:cry:

It's okay mine went up too, after of course eating that Big Mac for lunch.

M.L.Gabert 02-19-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueeyeddevil06 (Post 82966)
I have a different photo that can use an opinion while I'm at it though! lol


Jen, do you smoke? If so, chuck your smoke on those weed's, there way to distracting.:D

blueeyeddevil06 02-19-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.L.Gabert (Post 82974)
Jen, do you smoke? If so, chuck your smoke on those weed's, there way to distracting.:D

LOL! Noooooo. Can't stand the stuff. Sorry. Dang I can't win today can I? Oh well. Guess I will just have to wait for a nice sunny day again and I don't think that will be anytime soon unfortunately. :(

capwell 02-19-2009 01:18 AM

A suggestion on the original shot - you've got a whole hill's worth of VERY western pennsylvania houses, why not tele in and use that as your background? Gives you that "sense of place" that we all strive for in our pictures, and it'll make the image a little more interesting. Just a thought.

JimThias 02-19-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capwell (Post 83002)
A suggestion on the original shot - you've got a whole hill's worth of VERY western pennsylvania houses, why not tele in and use that as your background? Gives you that "sense of place" that we all strive for in our pictures, and it'll make the image a little more interesting. Just a thought.

Excellent suggestion, Lou.

John Fladung 02-19-2009 06:14 AM

Using the shadow/highlight in PS much?

blueeyeddevil06 02-19-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Fladung (Post 83084)
Using the shadow/highlight in PS much?

No, I actually didn't. I think I just made the mistake of trying the auto fix/correct tool to get a quick process for opinions. I don't normally process like that. Trust me, I won't be using it again.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.