RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   U.S. Class 1 Railroad Discussion (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ID on 9030? (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14684)

Mr. Pick 12-03-2011 03:12 PM

ID on 9030?
 
Pardon the quality of this picture. It is straight out of the camera and is a massive crop. I'm trying to ID the current owner of 9030. This picture was taken yesterday, and appears to be ex UP. No doubt a leased unit, but there wasn't a name on it anywhere that I could see. Anyone know whose unit this is now? Thanks!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7144/6...55d73c5f_b.jpg
9030 by ridestherain, on Flickr

CN Railfan 12-03-2011 04:02 PM

Utilizing rrpicturearchives, UP 9030 is now CREX (Citicorp Railmark, Inc) 9030. Looking at some photos, it appears the CREX identification stencil is on the other side of the locomotive under 9030.

trainboysd40 12-03-2011 06:14 PM

Why do the leasing companies make it so easy to call them wrecks? n-wrecks, c-wrecks.

Mr. Pick 12-03-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CN Railfan (Post 146966)
Utilizing rrpicturearchives, UP 9030 is now CREX (Citicorp Railmark, Inc) 9030. Looking at some photos, it appears the CREX identification stencil is on the other side of the locomotive under 9030.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trainboysd40 (Post 146974)
Why do the leasing companies make it so easy to call them wrecks? n-wrecks, c-wrecks.

You know, I hadn't noticed that, but you're right.

Bryan Jones 12-03-2011 10:37 PM

its very difficult to see in your photo because its such a tight angle, but there appears to be CREX lettering in red on one of the battery box doors under the cab.
I just did a quick check of rrpicturearchives and there is a rostershot which clearly shows the stenciling on the battery box on the conductors side of the locomotive. Its a thin font using red letters. I've shot CREX #9031 which had the same thin red stencil and #9056 and 9059 which used a bold font lettering in black.

Bryan Jones
Brooks,KY

Mr. Pick 12-04-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Jones (Post 147003)
its very difficult to see in your photo because its such a tight angle, but there appears to be CREX lettering in red on one of the battery box doors under the cab.
I just did a quick check of rrpicturearchives and there is a rostershot which clearly shows the stenciling on the battery box on the conductors side of the locomotive. Its a thin font using red letters. I've shot CREX #9031 which had the same thin red stencil and #9056 and 9059 which used a bold font lettering in black.

Bryan Jones
Brooks,KY

You're right. I'd have never seen that if you hadn't pointed it out, but on my full resolution version I can make it out. Thanks!


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.