RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   NEW FEATURE: Re-Submit Photos (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2772)

Chris Kilroy 11-06-2005 03:24 AM

NEW FEATURE: Re-Submit Photos

Hello all,

I know that this feature has been at the top of quite a few peoples' "I want this" lists for quite sometime, and I'm pleased to announce that it's now available to the RP.net community.

Basically, this new tool allows you to upload improved scans or edits of photos already in the database, while maintaining the same Photo ID, number of views, comments, etc. All data regarding the photo stays the same -- the only thing that changes is the image/thumbnail associated with the photo.

Hope you guys find this to be useful, and as always, if you have any problems, please let me know!

Donna 11-06-2005 03:31 AM

Well thank you. That is very much appreciated by this member.

SD70MAC 11-06-2005 03:54 AM

Much appreciated Chris! Thank you.

Pat Lorenz 11-06-2005 03:58 AM

Thank you so much, i have gotten better scaner since so i appreciate your hard work on making this possible.
PAT

ccaranna 11-06-2005 03:59 AM

Me too! I'm working on updating mine as I speak. :)

NicTrain35 11-06-2005 04:14 AM

Hi Chris. Thanks for making this feature!

Ween 11-06-2005 05:03 AM

Most excellent! I think this will be a good tool to use on those overcast, dreary days that you have to spend inside (or, I guess, all winter in ND!)...

IC 6071 11-06-2005 07:09 AM

Thanks alot Chris! I have already used this feature!!

Christopher Muller 11-06-2005 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ween
Most excellent! I think this will be a good tool to use on those overcast, dreary days that you have to spend inside (or, I guess, all winter in ND!)...

Oh yes, how you've gotta love the weather in the area that CAN see snow for over half of the year. I know it gets cold over there, but atleast its not quite the -50F weather that hits north central and north east Minnesota. With that said, I hope the CN will send re-routes over the BNSF again this year.

Now, related to the forum, do these pictures need to meet the very high standards of now, or will they be accepted if an obvious improvement has been made over the previously accepted photo?

ssw9662 11-06-2005 05:01 PM

Thanks Chris! Sounds like a great feature! :)

Ween 11-06-2005 05:58 PM

Quote:

Now, related to the forum, do these pictures need to meet the very high standards of now, or will they be accepted if an obvious improvement has been made over the previously accepted photo?
Here's what the re-upload page says:

Quote:

Your re-submitted photo will be reviewed by a photo screener, and accepted into the database if the updated photo is legitimate.

Please note that no normal screening criteria will be applied to any re-submitted photo. The screener making this determination will only look at whether the re-submitted photo matches the photo previously accepted into the database. No photos will be removed from the database as a result of a re-submission.
Basically, it's got to be the same image. Otherwise people could 'slip in' a shot that may have been rejected in the past...

Christopher Muller 11-07-2005 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ween
Here's what the re-upload page says:

Basically, it's got to be the same image. Otherwise people could 'slip in' a shot that may have been rejected in the past...

I haven't made it that far as to upload any yet, thanks Ween.

ddavies 11-07-2005 05:31 PM

Yes! kewl.