RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Digital Photo Processing Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What would you do? (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11903)

Deano12056 03-20-2010 12:18 AM

What would you do?
 
Received this rejection today.....

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...key=1160226041

Since the crew didn't pull up far enough I was only able to work part of the building and the shed behind. I also left a little on the end of the train. Since this forum has some real talent including our screeners who know more about photography and processing, my question would be............

Should I Crop the right side closer to the Boxcar and a little bit of the firehouse or just up to the boxcar and leave the firehouse alone?. I hate to take away anymore of the firehouse. Thanks for any assistance and guidance that can be offered. Deano

Joe the Photog 03-20-2010 02:56 AM

I don't think you're keeping the firehouse and getting the shot on RP. That's the side with all of the space. The right side of the frame is, for the most part, OK. The ledft side has too much room between the edge of the frame and the engine, caused by the space between the firehouse and the loco.

Deano12056 03-20-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 111425)
I don't think you're keeping the firehouse and getting the shot on RP. That's the side with all of the space. The right side of the frame is, for the most part, OK. The ledft side has too much room between the edge of the frame and the engine, caused by the space between the firehouse and the loco.

Thanks Joe, But don't you feel that the car and the Barn give the shot a little character and a sense of place?

Deano12056 03-20-2010 05:56 PM

Joe. Thanks for your help in this matter. I kept making adjustments and it just was accepted. Thanks again!

[photoid=317874]

Deano12056 03-21-2010 03:58 AM

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=478951456

Here's another rejection. I almost cropped half way up to the poll. I might do that tomorrow or should I even go closer to it? Also should I tighten up on the right?

Joe the Photog 03-21-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deano12056 (Post 111473)
Joe. Thanks for your help in this matter. I kept making adjustments and it just was accepted. Thanks again!

[photoid=317874]

Looks better in the accepted version. Glad you got it in. There's a fire station on the Lancaster and Chester that I keep trying to work in. I know there's a way to do it; I just haven't got it down yet.

Joe the Photog 03-21-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deano12056 (Post 111489)
http://www.railpictures.net/viewreje...&key=478951456

Here's another rejection. I almost cropped half way up to the poll. I might do that tomorrow or should I even go closer to it? Also should I tighten up on the right?

It's too heavy on the right. Take some off of the left. It might be hard to keep a RP ration for this one though. Do you have one where the loco isn't so close to you?


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.