RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Only Wedgies Accepted Today - (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16823)

Holloran Grade 12-25-2013 01:27 AM

Only Wedgies Accepted Today -
 
The wedgie screener or screeners are working today, so don't bother with any creative shots.

That tree shot would have been PEQ'd today I think.

Perhaps I will upload some GEVO wedgies to prove my point.:twisted:

JRMDC 12-25-2013 02:38 AM

Given RP's usual proclivities, as a matter of logic, no number of accepted GEVO wedgies will prove your point. Just another day on RP. :)

Holloran Grade 12-25-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRMDC (Post 173446)
Given RP's usual proclivities, as a matter of logic, no number of accepted GEVO wedgies will prove your point. Just another day on RP. :)

I think you are right, so perhaps I will attempt to show that I have a life by watching TV instead.

Freericks 12-25-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 173447)
I think you are right, so perhaps I will attempt to show that I have a life by watching TV instead.

Do you get regular channels behind the orange curtain?

magicman_841 12-25-2013 03:23 AM

Guilty. Nothing like a good wedgie.

troy12n 12-25-2013 03:48 AM

I'm guilty today myself, but hey, at least it's not a BNSF GEVO!

[photoid=463543]

Update: The midnight shift has arrived and they have stepped outside the wedgie box!

[photoid=463573]

Chase55671 12-25-2013 04:25 AM

I like the composition in your Thurmond submission, Troy!

Chase

Holloran Grade 12-25-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freericks (Post 173449)
Do you get regular channels behind the orange curtain?

We get whatever the trailer court pays for.

I can sometimes tune in Los Angeles if I use the bigger coat hanger on the left rabbit ear.:p

Holloran Grade 12-25-2013 05:34 PM

Todays Rejects
 
Rejected:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3776/1...3512ed57_n.jpg
Mojave Dawn - [Winter Solstice +1 Series] by El Roco Photography, on Flickr

Rejected:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2838/1...c4c7ec70_n.jpg
Silent Rollers - [Winter Solstice +1 Series] by El Roco Photography, on Flickr

Accepted:

[photoid=463575]


And because there are not enough GEVO wedgies in the DB, last but not least:

[photoid=463578]

Freericks 12-25-2013 05:45 PM

Honest question - if you gents don't like wedgies (especially wedgies of BNSF GEVOs) then why do you post them? I still enjoy seeing them and hence post them.

Not trying to stir the pot. Curious. It's sort of like saying, I made fish for dinner tonight, even though I can't stand fish.

Holloran Grade 12-25-2013 06:01 PM

Because it is all about "me."
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freericks (Post 173460)
.......Curious. It's sort of like saying, I made fish for dinner tonight, even though I can't stand fish.

Well, if you must know - because others like fish, and "I" like the attention.:D

Freericks 12-25-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 173462)
Well, if you must know - because others like fish, and "I" like the attention.:D

Very honest answer! Cool.

Mr. Pick 12-25-2013 07:34 PM

I've only submitted two pictures this year. One back in January, and then on a wild hair last night, I submitted a sunny, Gevo wedgie. Just because. I still like wedgies, but then I still like maps and carburetors and charcoal grills too...

[photoid=463552]

Holloran Grade 12-25-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pick (Post 173474)
........I still like wedgies, but then I still like maps and carburetors and charcoal grills too...

Not saying wedgies are bad, but they should not be the standard by which all other railroad photos are evaluated.

People obviously like wedgie shots, however for me, they don't do much for me as an artist.;)

Although, I do like this one because I got the Amboy crater in the photo and the consist is not something we would see in the LA basin.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7326/1...77276783_n.jpg
Up Bolo Hill - [Winter Solstice +1 Series] by El Roco Photography, on Flickr


I am sure it will get knocked for bad cropping since there is a little more on the left to get the crater in the frame, than the usual RP submission.

Holloran Grade 12-25-2013 07:59 PM

Not a Wedge - Therefore, Not in the DB
 
REJECTION: Bad Cropping: Most often this means that the composition of the photo is poor as it relates the cropping of the image.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3714/1...127d76a7_n.jpg
Danby Road - [Winter Solstice +1 Series] by El Roco Photography, on Flickr


How silly of me, I accidentally cropped off the whole ass end on this one.:eek:

CSX1702 12-26-2013 12:04 AM

If you wanna see a lot of wedgies, just click on "My pics" below this post. :)

JimThias 12-26-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 173459)
And because there are not enough GEVO wedgies in the DB, last but not least:

[photoid=463578]

Did you forget your wide lens? Why would you want to take a pic of a cut off train in scenery that probably looks really cool if you zoom out?

Mr. Pick 12-26-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 173475)
Not saying wedgies are bad, but they should not be the standard by which all other railroad photos are evaluated.

People obviously like wedgie shots, however for me, they don't do much for me as an artist.;)

I agree with you whole heartedly.

Holloran Grade 12-26-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimThias (Post 173481)
Did you forget your wide lens? Why would you want to take a pic of a cut off train in scenery that probably looks really cool if you zoom out?

I was looking to do something with the cross buck and using the road as a vanishing point to draw the viewer's eye through the scene.

I already have a wider angle at this location without the empty dirt in the foreground.

[photoid=431507]

And

[photoid=441475]

bigbassloyd 12-26-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 173491)
I was looking to do something with the cross buck and using the road as a vanishing point to draw the viewer's eye through the scene.

In the photo Jim referenced: I see no crossbuck. I see no road. I see a cutoff shot with powerlines. :)

It's certainly a world beater in the views and favorites though ;)

Loyd L.

Holloran Grade 12-26-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 173502)
In the photo Jim referenced: I see no crossbuck. I see no road. I see a cutoff shot with powerlines. :)

It's certainly a world beater in the views and favorites though ;)

Loyd L.

Opps, looking on phone and thought he was talking about the original shot.

Wide angle huh?

We can do that.:-)

Holloran Grade 12-27-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 173475)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7326/1...77276783_n.jpg
Up Bolo Hill - [Winter Solstice +1 Series] by El Roco Photography, on Flickr


I am sure it will get knocked for bad cropping since there is a little more on the left to get the crater in the frame, than the usual RP submission.

Well, as predicted this one was rejected for bad cropping (cropped wider on the left to include Amboy crater).

I surmise I have not reached Dannamen status yet, since simple wedgies are mostly what I am allowed to submit.

On another note:

Jim, here is that wide angle Cajon view that you were asking about.

I was using my 24-105mm rather than the 16-35mm, so this is as wide as it gets.

[photoid=463760]

MagnumForce 12-27-2013 05:18 PM

I suck and most of my stuff isn't wedges

JimThias 12-27-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holloran Grade (Post 173533)
Jim, here is that wide angle Cajon view that you were asking about.

I was using my 24-105mm rather than the 16-35mm, so this is as wide as it gets.

[photoid=463760]

Perfect. Now fix the date on one of those photos. It's the same train but you have two different dates.

And I don't know why you bothered to submit the cut-off shot if you had this one. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...onfused004.gif

Holloran Grade 12-28-2013 01:26 AM

No crater for you!

[photoid=463822]

The wider version:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3672212...n/photostream/

* * * * *

And another at Danby Road.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3705/1...b71dfe0a_n.jpg
Danby Road Looking North - [Winter Solstice +1 Series] by El Roco Photography, on Flickr


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.