RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Not everyone liked it! (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16713)

Joe the Photog 10-15-2013 03:53 PM

Not everyone liked it!

It got 4300+ views, 61 favorites, 11 comments and one PCA

[photoid=453119]

but some of the folks at HG's favorite Facebook page have a few problems with it --

Quote:

Railpics Critiques You can't even tell what kind of engine it is from the picture... ~BMRR
Quote:

Paul Rose No, it's f-ing stupid, you can barely see the train
Quote:

Mike Antal Maybe it's just because I'm drunk, but seriously, WHERE IS THE TRAIN? I legitimately cannot find it.
Photography is sujective and obviously not everyone is going to like the same thing, but I thought this was pretty telling of the RPC crowd. They bitch and moan about all the wedgies being on RP; then they turn around and bitch and moan when the least wedgie-like shot gets on, too!

:grin:

bigbassloyd 10-15-2013 04:57 PM

There was bitching and moaning over my grandview shot, too. I ended up deleting a comment from the photo as well. Can't please everyone.

Loyd L.

Chris Z 10-15-2013 05:19 PM

What's wrong with showing an environment the railroad runs through. It really shows the intelligence level of the people making these comments. They speak for themselves.

Chris Z

magicman_841 10-15-2013 06:34 PM

I can certainly agree that this would be even better with a longer/more distinct train, but that is a very epic shot nonetheless.

JRMDC 10-15-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Z (Post 171121)
What's wrong with showing an environment the railroad runs through. It really shows the intelligence level of the people making these comments. They speak for themselves.

Chris Z

I would agree with you, and I am no fan of juvenile anti-RP sentiments in general, but I also remember in the past that we have had discussions of "three points of light" and other shots in this forum with intelligent people participating, some saying a shot didn't show enough "train" to be sufficiently "railroad" for RP. People can disagree on this. Don't lump everyone disagreeing with you into the level of that FB group.

Chris Z 10-15-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRMDC (Post 171125)
I would agree with you, and I am no fan of juvenile anti-RP sentiments in general, but I also remember in the past that we have had discussions of "three points of light" and other shots in this forum with intelligent people participating, some saying a shot didn't show enough "train" to be sufficiently "railroad" for RP. People can disagree on this. Don't lump everyone disagreeing with you into the level of that FB group.

Isn't what you say representative of who you are? I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. I was implying that what you say and how you say it says something about your character.

Chris Z

CSX1702 10-15-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 171120)
There was bitching and moaning over my grandview shot, too. I ended up deleting a comment from the photo as well. Can't please everyone.

Loyd L.

I liked that shot so much it's been my background for several weeks. Lol.

JRMDC 10-15-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Z (Post 171126)
Isn't what you say representative of who you are? I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. I was implying that what you say and how you say it says something about your character.

Chris Z

One can reasonably object to RP having an image that shows environment with an almost undetectable train. That objection in and of itself does not say anything about intelligence. Their manner of objection is another story, but you didn't address that in your post; I suppose it was implied.

Put differently, I don't object to your first sentence, and I don't object to your second and third. It is the way you packaged those separate points together that bugged me. :)

Holloran Grade 10-16-2013 02:04 AM

Unless it made slutty llama small rape, I see no reason to even address it here.