RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rejection, Rejection, Rejection (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18239)

bbrant 05-03-2019 12:43 PM

Rejection, Rejection, Rejection
 
I managed to pull off the rejection trifecta with this one.

https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...47&key=7389877

Regarding the blurry rejection, I know my eyes aren't what they used to be but I wouldn't waste my time submitting something for the nightshift screener to reject. Is anyone else seeing something I'm not?

bbrant 05-03-2019 12:48 PM

Forgot to mention this one for Poor Image Quality.

https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...45&key=8731897

Poor Image Quality?!? BS!

bigbassloyd 05-03-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrant (Post 195440)
Forgot to mention this one for Poor Image Quality.

https://www.railpictures.net/viewrej...45&key=8731897

Poor Image Quality?!? BS!

Well to be honest it's poor lighting and poor contrast coupled with an awkward crop (cutting the train off on the right).

A shot I would have taken because I was there, but a shot that would go into the backups to never be seen again. :D

Loyd L.

RobJor 05-03-2019 06:18 PM

At the point you are at I take a break. Sometimes till the reject que clears, sometimes for weeks, sometimes for months, but at least until I get something compelling like E9's and .... LOL
For some the break becomes permanent.

Bob

bbrant 05-04-2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbassloyd (Post 195441)
Well to be honest it's poor lighting and poor contrast coupled with an awkward crop (cutting the train off on the right).

A shot I would have taken because I was there, but a shot that would go into the backups to never be seen again. :D

Loyd L.

I appreciate the honesty. I really liked it but that's a matter of personal interest. Like you said, it's one for the personal archives. Thanks for the reply!

bbrant 05-04-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobJor (Post 195443)
At the point you are at I take a break. Sometimes till the reject que clears, sometimes for weeks, sometimes for months, but at least until I get something compelling like E9's and .... LOL
For some the break becomes permanent.

Bob

I've been stuck on 157 photos in the database and it's been a struggle getting past it for some reason. I think a timeout on my part is in order.

Dennis A. Livesey 05-04-2019 12:27 AM

Learning what works and what does not in photography is a process, a personal path to be taken.
For some, it comes naturally without any appearance of struggle.
For others, it is only struggle.
In the end, perhaps it can only be called a mystery.
Do know while learning what RP likes is one way to find your photography, it is not the only way.
Moving forward, follow your passion, do what interests you and let your skill and style come from that.

bigbassloyd 05-04-2019 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrant (Post 195449)
I appreciate the honesty.

I'll always shoot you straight based off my limited knowledge :D

Quote:

I really liked it but that's a matter of personal interest.
We all have those. For instance I've taken over 2000 photos of the Beech Mountain Railroad in BFE, WV. I treasure all of them because of the rarity of the operation, and my fascination with old alcos lugging coal across submarine bridges on antique rail. There's a lot of yawners in those though, especially when showing them to someone unfamiliar with the operation or that isn't really into trains. So they lay dormant in the storage drives.

Loyd L.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.