RailPictures.Net Forums

RailPictures.Net Forums (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/index.php)
-   Railroad Photography Forum (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   More Copyright Infringement (http://www.railpictures.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10780)

Chase55671 09-20-2009 06:06 AM

More Copyright Infringement

Came across another one of these on Youtube.. He does give full credit to the photogs in the description, but figured some RP members might not appreciate their photos being exploited on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlOX8nwY8qo

Chase

Joe the Photog 09-20-2009 02:10 PM

Still a copyright violation, not to mention that there's no way he owns the rights to the Archie song.

Doug Wolfe 09-20-2009 02:44 PM

There is another video that I clicked on right after watching this one...

It is called "Railpictures.net Rejects." He posts his rejected photos. :lol:

An interesting twist...

travsirocz 09-20-2009 02:55 PM

I don't see an issue. If you are this worried, as said before, don't post your photos on the internet.

It would be nice if RP had right click copy disabled like on my website below. It can still be copied but it reall cuts down.

Andrew Blaszczyk (2) 09-20-2009 02:57 PM

I was getting worried I wouldn't see one of mine. Whew!

He left the copyright bars on and he admitted they were not his unlike past offenders. I have no problem with it. It's still MY photo. I'm still getting credit for it. And he's not making anything off of it while giving my one shot more exposure.

Chase55671 09-20-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travsirocz (Post 99513)
It would be nice if RP had right click copy disabled like on my website below. It can still be copied but it reall cuts down.

Agreed.

Chase

GMEMD 09-20-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travsirocz (Post 99513)

It would cut down on alot of this sort of stuff, but on the other hand what about the people who just like enjoying having pictures for backgrounds and so on. I have used quite a few of the pics from the site to make some slideshows of my own, for my own enjoyment. Sometimes I think it would be nice to share them, but the only way I would is if I got permission from each end every photographer who's shots were in use, and from the site, and I see alot of the guys here don't like it, so I'm not even going to bother. I am happy enjoying things by myself. Not condoning stealing or using others work without permission, I'm just saying...:)

asis80 09-21-2009 03:39 AM

Joe the Photog 09-21-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Blaszczyk (2) (Post 99514)
He left the copyright bars on and he admitted they were not his unlike past offenders. I have no problem with it. It's still MY photo. I'm still getting credit for it. And he's not making anything off of it while giving my one shot more exposure.

I personally could not see the names of the photogs on the little black bar. I recognized a few of them, but not by names. You don't have to make money of a shot to infringe on one's copyright. And the copyright violation I got my new lens from, they creditted me right on the picture. Just didn't ask permission to use the shot.

Christopher Muller 09-21-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Blaszczyk (2) (Post 99514)
I was getting worried I wouldn't see one of mine. Whew!

HA HA, me too!

jdirelan87 09-21-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asis80 (Post 99543)
But as a photographer here, and also Jennifer and I are in the video, I can understand and somewhat side on the fact that he didn't ask. "Somewhat side" is because of personal reasons, as he's a friend of mine.

Ben

..... huh? What language is this written in, sure isn't English 8)

Joe the Photog 09-21-2009 03:36 PM

John,

No need to be dense. Some of us, myself included, write without a clear thought when we're tired. Maybe you have at some point, too?

asis80 09-21-2009 03:40 PM

Being a photographer in GENERAL, and posting photo's that are copyrighted exclusively for here, I understand where people are coming from when they get upset when no one asks to use their shots for such a video. But since Troy is a friend of mine, I'm not neccesarily siding with him but rather can see the other side of this because I know he did not mean any harm what so ever. Condensed version for people who apparently did not follow, I'm on the fence about the subject.

Ben

JRMDC 09-21-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdirelan87 (Post 99552)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 99557)
No need to be dense. Some of us, myself included, write without a clear thought when we're tired. Maybe you have at some point, too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by asis80 (Post 99558)
Condensed version for people who apparently did not follow, I'm on the fence about the subject.

All for want of an "L", to make "somewhat side" into "somewhat sLide". :) Twice!

Joe the Photog 09-21-2009 04:04 PM

Hell, sometimes I don't understand what I've written when I'm not tired!

:D

jdirelan87 09-21-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe the Photog (Post 99557)
John,

Judging by the many threads you have started about your personal life that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this forum (railroad photography, to keep you on point), its rather obvious you often don't think before you write.

Judging somebody by their grammar is one of few ways to get a read on somebody over the internet. People complain about bad grammar all the time on this forum, I don't see what your point is.

jnohallman 09-21-2009 09:46 PM

Well, I just went to look, and got the message "This video has been removed by the user." So I'll never know if he even bothered to look for one of my measly 28 pics on this site . . . :lol:

Jon

Joe the Photog 09-21-2009 09:53 PM

Post deleted. Waste of my time to respond to John.

Chase55671 09-22-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdirelan87 (Post 99577)
Judging by the many threads you have started about your personal life that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this forum (railroad photography, to keep you on point), its rather obvious you often don't think before you write.

Judging somebody by their grammar is one of few ways to get a read on somebody over the internet. People complain about bad grammar all the time on this forum, I don't see what your point is.

Damn dude..

Darryl Rule 09-22-2009 01:42 AM

Damn, it's times like these I wish I had that little popcorn thing. This just more interesting....

jack2287 09-22-2009 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdirelan87 (Post 99552)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdirelan87 (Post 99577)

I'm a long-time lurker, but you clearly dedicate all your time and energy to being a complete douchebag.

Seriously, this is the Internet. This is a forum about rail photography, not a forum about novels by Tolstoy or Dickens. If you don't know who either of those guys are, I suggest you remove your head from the ass of Ansel Adams' corpse and the Fisheye lens from your own ass and mellow the hell out.

Jeeze man, I understood what the guy was saying and English isn't even my first language.

stevenmwelch 09-22-2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack2287 (Post 99589)
I'm a long-time lurker, but you clearly dedicate all your time and energy to being a complete douchebag.

:shock: :lol: :lol:

Quote:

Jeeze man, I understood what the guy was saying and English isn't even my first language.

You are my hero.

jdirelan87 09-22-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Seriously, this is the Internet. This is a forum about rail photography, not a forum about novels by Tolstoy or Dickens. If you don't know who either of those guys are, I suggest you remove your head from the ass of Ansel Adams' corpse and the Fisheye lens from your own ass and mellow the hell out.

Long time lurker and this is the topic you pick to show your hand?

Sure...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

asis80 09-22-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdirelan87 (Post 99599)

Well, we know it's not me since I obviously don't speak english and can't correctly use grammar according to some.

And Jack, welcome! I think you meant viewer, other than lurker. I guess either one will work. I used to view this site for years and years, and read the forums also before joining in on this what used to be fun. You'll learn that some people (non RP crew and staff) like to pretend to be perfectionist. Don't let them ruin the fun of the hobby. There's only a handful of these people, but most are really cool and helpful. Good luck and welcome again!

Ben

jack2287 09-22-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdirelan87 (Post 99599)
Long time lurker and this is the topic you pick to show your hand?

Sure...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

If I'm a sockpuppet for someone here, then you must be a sockpuppet for every angry/angsty/emo 15-year-old.

And thanks for the welcome asis80. I guess lurker does bring up connotations of a peeping Tom. :lol: