View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 04:22 AM   #11
barnstormer

Send a message via Skype™ to barnstormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgoldman View Post
I have been enjoying TROY 2.0, but I am confused by this statement and the acceptance further...

Barnstormer simply asked a legitimate question here so why is the answer "don't give advice"? I thought that was directed at Joe but apparently not.

I like the shot - lot's of potential and a good first run.

There is nothing, in my opinion, wrong with the angle. I have a few nearly identical angles - even on RP. Sure, it's not parallel but as is it gives a good sense of speed with the rear blurred.

I think the composition is the main issue - the first thing I took note of was that you had the subject completely centered. A no-no on RP! Try to shift the subject up or down to stick to the rule of thirds.

/Mitch
Thank you so much for the encouraging words, Mitch. I know I am still pretty much a beginner but I really wanted to know what I could do to improve this shot. I never said I was a good photographer. Mitch you are really the one that knows how to shoot pan shots so your words are backed up by your pics. Thanks again and I might still try to improve this shot.

Also thank you diamond for the thoughts as well.

See my shots on Railpictures
See my shots on RRpicturearchives
barnstormer is offline   Reply With Quote