Thread: Cameras
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
KevinM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassloyd View Post
Mitch will certainly give you the best Nikon sales pitch you've ever heard, but I'm not sure if he's trying to convince us or himself.

As stated previously, if you already own a good selection of lenses from a certain company, I'd only consider their bodies. The fields are aplenty with high quality equipment from every vendor.

I learned many years ago when I worked in the R&D side of the car audio industry that dick measuring over specs and test results rarely went anywhere beneficial.

Loyd L.
Unless someone is going to be habitually shooting in really poor light, it is hard to go wrong with the equipment available from any of the major manufacturers. Current bodies and lenses are miles ahead of what was offered just half a dozen years ago. If you look hard enough, you'll find good photographers who swear by just about all of them. A friend of mine, whose railroad images have achieved quite a following, recently ditched thousands of dollars worth of Canon DSLR gear and bought 4 Fuji bodies and 4 primes. He has not looked back as far as I know. It is all a matter of person preference. I personally like the color and dynamic range of the Nikons. I also like the user interface. With Canons, I just can't get past the fact that the On-Off switch is on the wrong side.

My RP stuff is here.

Link to my Flickr Albums. Lots of Steam Railroad stuff there from all over the US.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote