View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #31
Dennis A. Livesey

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freericks View Post
My dad used to amaze people with his knowledge of towns. People would come to our house and mention some podunk nowhere town that they were from or that they had to go through to get somewhere else, and sure enough, my dad would not only know the town but have a story about when he had been through there himself.

Only now that I think about it do I realize he probably knew all of those backwoods crap-holes because he was railfanning there.
Charles, I think my son would say the same thing!

Back in the early 80's I was on a business trip to Denver. During a day off, my business partner and I got in the car to explore a bit.

He would describe one part of that day later as: "He told me he had never been there in his life. We are somewhere in the mountains. It's spectacular but to me, a New Yorker, one mountain looks just like the other. I'm driving, and Dennis said 'Pull off. Ok, ...get ready to stop...HERE!' We get out, look over the edge and there is the perfect view of something he called 'The Georgetown Loop.'"

I Foam Therefore I Am.

My pix on RailPics:

I am on Flickr as well:

"Dennis is such a God, he could do that with a camera obscura and some homemade acetate." Holloran Grade

"To me it looks drawn in in Paintshop. It looks like a puddle of orange on the sky." SFO777
Dennis A. Livesey is offline   Reply With Quote