View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 01:53 AM   #34
Chase55671
RailPictures.Net Crew

Send a message via AIM to Chase55671 Send a message via MSN to Chase55671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadForeman View Post
Third, if I offended anyone, I'm sorry but, I just don't see the point in owning one, really.
I'm confused. You don't see the point in owning one, yet I expressed a valid reason as to why one may wish to own one and you commented below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadForeman View Post
I will revisit the "coolness" idea. Okay, you guys want better "gain", less interference and the such? BUY ONE THAT CANNOT TRANSMIT! Period.
As far as buying a receive only radio, or in other words, a scanner, there is no problem with that, BUT, if one is looking to expand their coverage, a HAM radio (capable of transmitting over HAM channels) is definitely a wise investment. So in other words, the only way to gain coverage is to buy a transmit capable radio. I still don't see a problem in owning a radio that can transmit over the AAR channels, as long as you do not transmit. If you do infact end up transmitting, then that is a whole different story. I still highly recommend locking the TX feature if you don't have a license, as it only takes one time to transmit when the wrong person is watching/listening.

Chase
Click here to view my photos at Railpictures.Net
SLR Night Photography Tutorial | Railpictures.Net Beginners Guide
Chase55671 is offline   Reply With Quote